Red Lights, Stop Signs, I Still See Your Face

Inspired by a comic made by my wonderful friend Cyanothi on Discord and Tumblr.

"Woohoo! Another caper successful for Team Red!" Ivy cheered, throwing her hands in the air as she, Carmen and Zack had entered their hotel room.

Carmen laughed. "I thought I told you two to stop calling our team that." She said teasingly. She really was okay with it, but she couldn't help but mess around with the redheads a little.

Zack and Ivy both gave her identical grins and tackled her into a hug, nearly making her fall to the ground if it weren't for her strength to hold herself up.

Carmen chuckled, ruffling their heads before quickly pulling away. "Alright you two, let's keep the hugs to a minimum. We still have some work to do."

Zack and Ivy pouted at her.

"No, we can't have any days off. We actually have work to do, you two, nice try." Carmen said, rolling her eyes, but smiling fondly at them.

"Sooooo...Carm! What's our next job then?" Ivy asked, putting her "I'm so ready for this" face.

"...Ivy, I think you need to wake up." Carmen said, taking off her fedora.

"W-Wha?" Ivy was confused. What did Carmen mean by "wake up"?

Just then, a sound interrupted them. It sounded like..an alarm clock??

BLEEP! BLEEP! BLEEP!

Ivy's eyes shot open, awakening from her deep sleep as she looked over to her nightstand to see her ACME pen, her special glasses, and..Carmen's note.

The note she left her and Zack with.

When that had happened, Ivy had no idea what to feel. Anger? Sadness? Happiness? ...Depression?

No...it was all of them after Carmen had left.

She knew Carmen had not meant to hurt her and Zack when leaving that note. She didn't abandon them. She just gave them the opportunity to live their lives the way they wanted now that VILE was gone. And Carmen still had to go out there and find herself now that the final link to her past is found.

But..that didn't mean Ivy hadn't missed Carmen. All the time. Everyday. Carmen is the only thing she ever thinks about.

Even if Chief had been checking in and giving her and Zack updates on her, Ivy still missed her boss. Her best friend. Her..everything.

Ivy sighed, looking out the window to see the sun starting to rise. With pink and bright red hues lighting up the sky. When she saw red, she saw Carmen. And Carmen, like the sunrise, was her light.

"I miss you, Carm." She whispered.

When Zack and Ivy, along with Julia and Chase, had gone to the museum to stop a escaping VILE operative from stealing a priceless artifact, they had expected Carmen to stay with her Mom in Argentina and let ACME handle all of it.

But imagine Ivy's surprise when they had all seen a certain lady in red standing on the rooftop of the museum after they discovered Paper Star tied up in red string at the entrance.

La Femme Rouge was back.

Carmen was back.

Ivy had fought the urge to cry in front of everyone right then and there. Carmen..she was back! After two long years, she was back where Ivy could see her.