Who said Darkness can't be cute?; Chapter 5

POV; Shyann

I walked towards my house, now in the small clearing in front of us.

It wasn't anything special, just a 5 floor tree house, I've had better houses but I didn't want anything too fancy.

"Your house is beautiful!" Angelique exclaimed in awe, I gave her a genuine smile of appreciation, "thank you friend! If you want since... it's quite obvious what happened to you.. you could stay with me" I replied.

The girl suddenly looked down with an emotionless expression, "why are you being so nice to me..? You could sell me for a lot, you could kill me, but you choose to treat me like a friend?" She asked.

I stopped to unlock the door to my house so we could go use the elevator, as I did i replied, "I'm not exactly innocent either you know? I've done my fair share of wrong things. But I still have a heart, so do fallen angels, plus I'm alone".

Angelique seems to relax a bit more as I open the door and help her inside the elevator.

Once the elevator reached the second highest floor I set her down at the dining room table and walked into the kitchen.

I threw some pumkin pie in the oven to let it warm up for acouple minutes and went back to sit with Angelique to wait.

We sat there awkwardly, staring at eachother occasionally.

"Sooooo" I said, dragging out the oh, "how's your wing feeling?" I asked, "oh uh..a bit better" Angelique replied, stretching her wing out a bit.

Silence yet again. I broke the silence by grabbing her face by reaching over the table and checked it.

Angelique's face flushed red, "WHAT THE FUCK?!" She exclaimed taken by surprise, "relax..I'm making sure there isn't any bruises I missed" I coaxed. Once I was done checking I let her go.

Her face was now red, obviously uncomfortable with the movement I just did. I had to admit, it was kind of cute.