Chapter five - Keeping Him Close

"Is everything alright in there?" I asked. "To-". "Just peachy" someone else interrupted. Midoriya was in there I know it. I can recognize Midoriya's voice anywhere but it sounded more scared than happy like usual. I tried to push the door open. Locked. Of course. I bent down to try and unlock it but curse these placements of locks. I tried to find another solution without leaving Midoriya. Then I remembered what my brother Natsou and Touya did whenever we were out in public bathrooms. They would be in a stall, lock it, and slide from underneath out so the bathroom stall was permanently locked until someone crawled underneath it. Bless you, my silly older brothers. I got down again but this time crawled my way into the stall, it was a tight fit due to my bigger body but I made it worked. I stood up tall and saw the random guy pinning Midoriya to the wall. I saw Midoriya's scared look. It hurt me, again, with no bleeding. I unlocked the door and opened it. I walked over to the guy. He seemed to be in his late twenties or early thirties, he had a shaven blackhead, blue eyes, and a scar on his left forearm. I moved his hand off Midoriya and pulled Midoriya towards me. Midoriya hid behind me like a shy child. The man looked terrified and ran out. I turned around quickly. "Are you alright Midoriya" the worry stunned clear in my voice. Midoriya started crying but nodded a yes. A sighed in relief and pulled him into a hug. Midoriya's tears probably staining my black turtleneck but I didn't care, I'm just glad Midoriya is alright. "It's okay Midoriya, I got you" I comforted while rubbing his back. "Can we..not tell Uraraka" Midoriya mumbled and looked up at me. "Sure, I won't say anything until you say it's okay," I said. He smiled sadly. But I wanted him to smile happily not sadly. I decided to make a funny "serious" face. He snorted. "Todoroki-Kun this is serious" he giggled. "I know that's why I'm making my serious face," I said. "No you're not, be serious" Midoriya giggled, trying to mold my face into my normal serious one. "I don't know what you mean, I'm being very serious," I said. I heard him laugh. "Thanks, Shoto" Midoriya whispered but I was still able to hear him. "Did you use my first name?" I asked even though I knew the answer. "I-I'm s-sorry Todoroki-Ku-". "Don't be, I like it" I interrupted. He smiled softly.

When we got out of the bathroom Uraraka looked worried. "What took you guys so long," she asked in a panic. She looked at Midoriya who was holding onto my arm and held my hand. "I don't want to talk about it" Midoriya mumbled into my arm. "Oh okay," she said sadly.

We walked around the store when we came by to a cutesy shop. I saw something I would love to give Midoriya.

I picked it up

I picked it up. "Aw that's cute Shoto-Kun," he said, looking away from what he's holding to look at what I was holding. "I know, I thought of you while looking at it," I said. He giggled. "How does it look like me," he asked, setting down the thing he was holding. I moved behind Midoriya and showed it in front of both of us. "You both have the chub cheeks" I began. "The floppity woppitys," I said, flopping the rabbit's ears. "I don't have 'floppity woppitys'" Midoriya said. "Your hero costume does" I responded. "Oh..". "See," I said. "And I can pick both of you up" I grabbed Midoriya and held him bridal style. "Put me down Shoto-Kun" Midoriya pleaded. "No I got to check you out first," I said. "I'm not merchandise" he giggled. "You sure?" I asked. "Yes, I'm sure Shoto-Kun" he giggled. I put him down as he was still giggling. I kept the rabbit as we continued to look around. After we were done looking around we checked out and I used Endeavor's credit card to pay for my and Midoriya's stuff.

We were done and I drove home. I took Endeavor's most expensive car because I wanted to. I kept the plush rabbit even though I wanted Midoriya to have it. The sun was almost down when I got back and I went straight to my room, ignoring my father's scolding for taking his car. I changed into a black tank top and some baggy pants and went to bed. I grabbed the plush rabbit and put it on my side table and went to sleep.

I woke up to my phone ringing. It was Midoriya. I checked the time. 3.55 Am. What was he doing up this early? I didn't answer the phone in time so I decided to call him back. He answered and I got to see his face. "Have you been crying?" I asked, noticing the red tired puffiness in his eyes. Midoriya sniffled. "I can't stop thinking about what happened at the mall," he said, rubbing one of his eyes. "I can't stop thinking if you haven't come in what would've happened" he whimpered. "Midoriya.." I began but fell silent. I didn't know what to say. What could I say? Tears began forming his eyes. "Midoriya it's okay," I said. He looked at me but look back down. This was a lot harder on the phone. "Do you want me to come over?" I asked. "No, it's really early and-". "It's fine, just give me your address" I interrupted. He complied and I set my phone down to where it was pointing at the ceiling to change. "Is Endeavor going to be okay with you going out this early" Midoriya asked as I was changing into a white T-shirt. "Probably not," I said. "Then why would yo-". "You're my friend and I'll do anything to piss Endeavor off" I explained, getting some black jeans on. I grabbed my phone and went downstairs. I got my shoes on and put a jacket on. "Don't hang up, I'll do it when I get there" I said at my door as I closed it quietly. I got into Endeavor's Ferrari SF90 Stradale (A/N- I don't know much about cars so..) and drove to Midoriya's house.

Once I got there I hanged up and went to his front door. He opened it and I came inside. We went to his room which was covered in All Might posters, figurines, ect. I sat down and he sat down next to me. I pulled Midoriya into a hug. "It's okay Midoriya," I said. "I know, but what if I run into him again," he asked me in a panic. "I'll keep you safe Midoriya," I said, rubbing circles into his back. "But what if you're not there?" He asked. I didn't know what to say. I sighed. "I don't know, but let's not think about that," I said. "You should get some sleep," I said. "What about you?".