12. Riven's marriage

Musa, inside the cell, cries in despair, clutching Flora.

"It's all my fault... I insisted and now... I've lost him forever."

"Don't cry honey, I have faith in him, I'm sure he'll be fine..." she says cuddling her and watching Helia wiggle like a caged animal, furious and looking for a way out.

Riven, meanwhile, is being prepared for the wedding. His grandmother had him adorned in the garb worn by the young heirs to the throne of Obscurion, making him wear heavy gold bracelets and being tattooed with temporary ink. The young hero of Red Fountain would make a killing but that would only cause more trouble. To save Musa and the children, he had to come to terms with his grandmother who, without delay, had set him up. The old woman, as he had begun to call her, was looking forward to this moment.

Artemis, festively prepared, sang and laughed wickedly in front of the mirror.

"Oh Riven, Riven! I knew it was you, the one my lady was looking for! And now, we will be bound forever... and you can say goodbye to your fairy!" She laughs wickedly. For Musa, things would not turn out well: she, and most likely Flora as well, would be mauled in the arena by monstrous creatures, as was the tradition for the wedding of a member of the royal family: fairies killed for the entertainment of witches. This tradition had existed since Riven's family had taken power twenty-five years earlier, before the ancestor witches had put the magical dimension to the sword and destroyed Domino. Witches and sorcerers weren't all like that, it was obvious. Riven sighs sadly. Before the wedding, his grandmother privately summons him. She shows him the crown of the rulers of Obscurion.

"This belonged to your grandfather, who died a few years ago. I hoped you would fall in love with Darcy, but that stupid witch was too attached to her sisters to think of anything else."

"How do you know about Darcy?" says Riven in horror.

"I know everything about you, and I also knew that you had fallen in love with that silly, stupid fairy. When I heard she was expecting children, I hoped you would come here. If you wouldn't have, I would have come for you myself. Artemis will make a wonderful bride, tonight, after the festivities, you must impregnate her so that you will soon have an heir."

Riven nodded, disgusted, but his heart was elsewhere... he already had heirs, two little fairy creatures inside the womb of his beloved Muse. Heirs to their little kingdom, made of their home, which would be their castle. He the king, Muse the queen...he just wanted this nightmare to end and return to her. After the wedding, he would do something, anything to free his Muse!

The sun, pale and obscured by perennial clouds, sets, giving way to a cold night. The ceremony begins inside the palace. Riven kills Artemis with his gaze, but she doesn't pay attention, it was done. A sorcerer, councilor Argok, officiates the ceremony.

"By the will of our lady, Queen Helaine, we are here to celebrate the wedding between the crown prince, Riven of Obscurion, and his worthy companion, the guardian Artemis..."

Meanwhile, in the dungeons, two big men open Musa's cell, taking her by weight together with Flora. Helia attacks them.

"Put them down, you filth!"

"Shut up, rookie!" Says one of them, kicking him in the face.

"HELIAAA!" Yells his fairy. "FLORA, ENCHANTIX!" A strong power surges from the fairy, who lands the two and manages to free herself and her friend. But she didn't have time to rescue Helia, as one of the two soldiers recovers and runs off with Musa.

"MUSA!!!" Helia and Flora run to rescue her friend but they are blocked by other soldiers and monstrous creatures.

Riven tries to think of ways to escape but something goes wrong. Helaine approaches Argok.

"Argok, why don't we end the ceremony after the show? Riven has never witnessed this custom!" She laughs cruelly.

"Ohh as you prefer my queen. Before you can say yes, your highness would like you to witness the 'fairy dance'"

Riven has a shot... fairy dance?! What does that mean? He, Artemis and the guests move towards the arena. The young man's blood freezes as soon as he sees Musa chained in the center of the arena.

"Release the beast!" Helaine orders. "You must know, dear Riven, that there are lovely creatures living on Obscurion who are fond of fairies!" she laughs cruelly.

Musa is terrified and flinches as soon as she sees a monstrous creature approaching her ravenously. Riven snaps leaving his seat and runs towards her.

"MUSA!!!"

"Stop!!!" Helaine blocks him using her power, which came from an amethyst scepter. "How dare you!"

Musa tries to break free but can't. She can't summon the Enchantix power, she's too weak.

"Mu... Musa En..." she passes out losing consciousness. Riven screams despite being immobilized by his grandmother "Darling no!!! Hold on!!!"

A sweet chant, suddenly echoes through the arena. The chant inhibits the beast who calms down... but it wasn't coming from Musa! Oh yes, yes it was, but it wasn't her singing! It was the chant of... the chant of Harmony! Artemis, annoyed by Musa's impertinence, points her scepter at the beast, counteracting little Harmony's power and making the monster more ferocious. The beast rushes at Musa, the young fairy had lost consciousness....

"MORPHIX BARRIER!!!"