24

"Fenrir was there? But why would he be after you Hermione? I mean beside you being the friend of Harry Potter and a muggle-born, which the Dark Lord hates. But he didn't try to steal you away or anything..." Ron went babbling on about Fenrir Greyback and his reasoning as to why he was interested in Hermione. Hermione tried to keep her mouth shut about why Fenrir was interested in her. Of course she was curious as to what had happened to Scabior. She was worried that maybe he was killed. After all the healer had stated death or surrender was the only options as to end a fight with the Alpha. 

"Hermione are you alright?" Harry asked her, cutting her off from her thoughts. She shook her head. 

"Yeah, I'm just a bit distracted. I'm just trying to remember if I did my homework or not," Hermione lied to him. 

"I bet you are thinking about that werewolf," Ron blurted out suddenly. Hermione jumped as her eyes widened. 

"What? No!" she lied. 

"I just meant that you might be scared from him." Ron defended to her. Hermione rolled her eyes. 

"I'm not scared of him. Truthfully, he's more like a puppy than anything." Hermione stated, chuckling at the thought of Fenrir as a big adult puppy. 

"Puppy? The man is a barking mad loon! My dad told me how the man is known to be a cannibal and a big savage!" Ron shot at him. 

"Yeah, Hermione. He's also working for you know who." Harry shot at her. She shook her head, remembering that part. She was still in disbelief about that. She tighten her hold on her books as she quicken her steps in hopes to avoid anymore talk of Fenrir. 

Fenrir walked around right behind Narcissa and Bellatrix as they went down an unfamiliar road. Bellatrix went complaining to her sister about not being able to trust this man they were going to visit. He didn't like the city. Too many noises, scents that were unpleasant  to his senses and on top of that it was down pouring like crazy. Though the rain didn't bother him too much since he sometimes has to hunt in the rain but the fact of the matter was this type of rain messed up with his sense of smell. He felt his wolf inside getting really annoyed at being here. 

"Then why did the wolf here have to be with us?" Bellatrix asked pointing at him. He roughly growled wanting to rip off the stupid witch's head. He wouldn't have come at but Narcissa, who was the only kindest of all the Death Eaters towards him, had asked for him to come with them as backup. 

"He's back up just in case." Narcissa explained before they turned down an alley. He perked his ears up as he slipped against the wall. Narcissa and Bellatrix followed right after him as a bunch of kids rode their bikes passed them. Once the kids were away, they hurried over towards the door. 

Narcissa knocked against the door. For a moment, the door opened to reveal that coward of a man, Peter Pettigrew. He moved aside as he allowed them in. Narcissa and Bellatrix went ahead of him. When Fenrir walked in, he heard Peter released a shriek causing Fenrir to roll his eyes. What a wimp, he growled as he proceeded deeper in the house. They entered into what appeared to be a study. A man sat in the corner, reading a newspaper. The paper flipped over as it revealed Professor Snape. 

"Run along, Wormtail," he said before flicking his wand and sent him flying out of the room. After a couple of minutes of them setting down and Snape pouring himself and Narcissa a drink, Narcissa spoke up. 

"I know I ought not to be here... the Dark Lord himself forbade me to speak of this..." 

"If the Dark Lord has forbidden it," Snape cut in, "then you ought to not to speak... put it down Bella, we mustn't touch what isn't ours." 

Fenrir peered from the corner of his eye to see Bellatrix messing around with something before putting it down on the mantle. He returned his gaze back to Snape and Narcissa. 

"As it so happens, I'm aware of your situation, Narcissa." Snape stated to her. 

"You?" Bellatrix asked, "The Dark Lord told you?" 

"Your sister doubts me," Snape spoke, "Understandable. Over the years I played my part well, so well I've deceived one of the greatest wizards of all time." 

Bellatrix snorted, causing Snape to rant on about Dumbledore being a great wizard, which caused Fenrir to roll his eyes. He couldn't believe someone like Bellatrix was looked upon more highly than him. She was childish and pure insane and sick to the core it was a wonder how the Dark Lord could stand her. But then again, Voldemort needs as many followers on his side to ensure his win. 

"I don't doubt you, Severus." Narcissa stated. 

"You should be honored, Cissy! That's it Draco." Bellatrix shot at her. Narcissa appeared distorted as she shook her head. 

"He's just a boy." Narcissa mumbled to them. Fenrir shook his head as he lightly patted Narcissa's shoulder, earning a look of disgust from Bellatrix. Fenrir understood where Narcissa was coming from. Draco was her only pup and just as a mother should, she wanted to protect him as much as possible. 

"I can't change the Dark Lord's mind, but it might be possible for me to help Draco." Snape assured her. Narcissa lightly smiled as she stood up from her chair. Before Narcissa could thank him, Bellatrix spoke up. 

"Swear to it," she whispered, "Make the Unbreakable Vow." 

Fenrir felt his body cringe as Bellatrix went mocking Snape about being a complete coward if he were to not do it. But it's understandable. Once made, he had to do it or he would die. Fenrir stood back as he watched Snape and Narcissa take hold of each other's hands while Bellatrix began reciting details about watching over Draco and protecting him and if he were to fail and carry out the deed itself. To all three, Snape agreed to them. They released their hold as Narcissa and Bellatrix headed out. Fenrir paused at the doorway and turned around. 

"Snape, I have something to ask of you." He spoke, drawing Snape's attention. 

"What is it you want Greyback?" Snape asked, gazing at him in confusion. 

"I want you to watch over Hermione Granger for me till I am able to get her back to my pack. Make sure no one even thinks about laying a hand on her. And when it's time, I want you to make sure I'm able to escape without anybody interfering with it." Fenrir told him before slipping away after Narcissa and Bellatrix.