iv: DAS Why Isn't He?

Dannah was reading her book, she was halfway to finishing it. She was situated on the mini living area of her room. They're back in Manila.

She had been reading for some minutes but she did not understand what she was reading. It happens when one's mind is not in cooperation with the things you wanted to do.

A squeal that expressed how frustrated she was came out from her mouth. Her book fell on her lap when both hands automatically disheveled her hair, accompanying her squeals, at the same time she stomped both feet gently to not make any sound. Frustration at it's peak.

She stopped with hands still stuck on her hair, eyes grew rounder, "Why? Why do I care?"

Dannah stood up and started to pace around. "Of course it's normal to care. It's the most human thing to feel."

Letting herself fell on the floor, at the foot-end of her bed, sitting on the cold laminated floor. "I'm proud of you, I hope you know that."

She placed her right palm on her chest, "I can't watch now because I'm not confident I won't feel pain but I know you'll do great."

"And I know you would understand," she whispered.

It was three months after, that she finally made a comeback. Who knew how long would it be but for the meantime it was what she wanted to do.

She was welcomed by people she used to be close with —well, some remained close but most grew apart.

"Where's ate Meli?" She asked.

"May shoot. Baka nga hindi pa na inform." Marie answered.

"Ikaw naman kasi baby girl, bat' biglaan?" It was Lera.

Sunny raised a brow at Lera as she crossed her arms in front of her, "Biglaan? Baka kasi busy ka sa love-life mo kaya wala kang nababalitaan."

"Hala, grabe s'ya. Hoy Sunny kung ikaw may pinagdadaanan 'wag mo akong idamay d'yan. Sunny pa naman pangalan mo pero bat' ang dilim-dilim."

Dannah chortled, she missed how these girls banter. "Alam ninyo kong ngayon ko lang kayo nakilala tinatawag ko na ata mga manager niyo."

"Ang pure mo parin Dannah." It was Marie.

"Pero thank you ha, akala ko kasi iba na pag balik ko. Nakakataba lang ng puso na ganito parin, you guys still make me feel na I'm part of this family."

The three ladies felt touched by her words and it showed on their faces. Sunny side-hugged Dannah with one arm, "Eh away nga nareresolba pag mahal mo yung tao," she gave Lera and Marie a look and they knew she was giving reference to them. The two friends briefly twitched their head on the side, shared a short glance and then set their eyes back to Dannah.

"Ikaw pa na wala ka namang nagawang mali," Sunny continued.

"Pinili mo lang sarili mo," Marie stated.

Dannah felt she was the center of the attention. News sure had reached them already but seeing her in flesh at the studio made it feel more like it, she was back.

The ever so relevant Dannah Dorothy Torres has come back.

People in the industry had mixed reaction on her return. A few did not care, some felt burdened —not because she was hard to work with but because they saw her as a strong competition. Nonetheless, there were a lot that felt happy about it.

Dannah was attending a script reading and she was enjoying it. It was during their not-so-short break when a knock on the door silenced them from whatever they were talking. It was Javier, another talent. He was polite to apologize for disturbing what they were doing.