Chapter 1

Hello, you may call me Kai. Hope you enjoy it!! She/they pronouns.

Icy fingers gripped my arm in the darkness.

The sharp pain spread through my whole body. Filthy fingernails piercing through my raw skin. I was weak. I could barely lift my head. When I did I was faced with merciless eyes. Shifting through my entire body.

The little smirks my dad had when he witnessed a fresh cut pierced onto my pale skin. My mother on the other hand. She was across on the other side of the room selecting torture techniques she was going to perform on me. My awareness faced my father once more. My head was whirling, with a pounding headache from blood loss. My father wandered over to my mom and placed his hands on her hips. Swaying back and forth and humming a lively tune.

We were in the basement. Well, it isn't a basement anymore. More like a dungeon. Rustic walls, floors, and ceilings. Only one light dangling from the ceiling. Only being supported by a mere thread. Blood scattered the walls. My blood.

There were wooden shelves covered in weaponry and foreign devices. I was chained up to a wall. The ancient screws pierced into my wrists and ankles. I couldn't move. I couldn't talk. Not even one word.

My parents eventually stopped humming. That's when I paid attention. Their every step, how they acted, and their emotions. My mom let out a small giggle that I could hardly hear. A metal tray walked over to me. 

My mother relocated to a place where I couldn't move my head. She set the tray down and walked to face me. Observing my body's condition. The broken bones, bloody body, cuts, burns, bruises, and more.

I could tell she discovered an idea because her eyes were inflamed. The happiness in her eyes, just like a kid receiving a toy. But she... she was happy to be torturing her son. My mother walked over to the tray and picked up a sharp steel knife. She strolled over to me and started dangling the knife in front of me. Making diminutive scratches on my face to cutting my arms and legs.

My body was throbbing. I was stiff. Unable to move. The pain was inseparable.

She gradually started executing the slices.. bigger and bigger.

The pain was more localized now. She was cutting a deep cut in my right thigh. Digging into my muscles.

The worst thing of all was I couldn't scream. I couldn't ask for help. Even if it wasn't coming. My body was wrecked.

After a few minutes.

It ceased. My father stepped over to me and loosened the chains. Just enough for my hands and wrist to slide through. I fell to the ground. Hard. Barely able to keep my own body awake. Until a booming voice shoots me up. "Get up. And leave"

That fired me awake. I slowly sat up. After a couple of seconds and one failure, I managed to arrive on my feet. Clinging onto the wall. I slowly made my way up the stairs and to my bedroom.

The moment I reached my room I secured the door. The second I heard the noise of the door being shut. I collapsed. Fuck, no I have to stay awake.

After a couple of minutes, I made it to my closet. I opened it and grabbed my first aid kit.

Then I slowly sat up. Thank god I have no cuts on my back. Leaned against the doorway of the closet and opened the kit.