Kabanata Dalawa: Sin

Aria

When the auction was over, Mama was making sure that all bidders were assisted to securely process their purchases. I looked at them, most of them are on their phones, calling their accountants to wire transfer money for their newly procured jewels, then I saw Alejandro Moreali walking towards me. My heart started beating a bit more knowing he is coming. I tried to smile it off, to fake it, wishing to make it without looking like a scared cat. He sure can intimidate anyone he wants without even trying.

The Moreali family is well known for their whisky distillery business. Niccolo Moreali II, Alejandro's grandfather founded the company from the ground up, a whisky distillery in Madrid, Spain in 1940 named Destilerias Y Castillo del Moreali. That company then got passed on to Niccolo Moreali III, Alejandro's father and he opened another distillery here in the Philippines in 1980. Then Moreali III decided to retire early, and passed on the two distilleries to his son, Alejandro Moreali in 2017, making him one of the ruthless and cut-throat businessman in Europe and Asia. That's why he could he easily throw seven million dollars. If money is dirt, he's filthy. Filthy rich.

"I didn't get to introduce myself properly earlier, Ms. Aria." He gently took my hand, bowed a little and kissed it. Completely awed to his chivalrous gesture. I have never met a man in this modern generation that introduces himself and kisses a lady's hand! "I'm Alejandro Moreali, we've met earlier."

I blinked a couple of times and nodded.

"Please, Aria would be just fine. And yes, I am pleased to meet you, your sister, and your mother, Mrs. Moreali." I explained. "I also wanted to thank you for your generous bid. I'll make sure that the process will go as smoothly as possible for you."

Ngumiti ako sa kanya and he did the same. I was about to guide him to one of our employees when he takes a few steps more towards where I'm standing. Nanlaki ang mga mata ko, he's too close to me, that if anybody is looking at us, it would look like he's hugging me. I have to lift my head in order to meet his gaze. What a man!

Matangkad, misteryoso, at matikas.

"I hope you're not busy tomorrow night, I'll pick you up at your house at 8 in the evening." He stated like he is so sure, that we planned this dinner months ahead of time. Halos malaglag ang panga ko. I was speechless for a few seconds, trying to comprehend what he just said. He is demanding that a dinner will happen, like my permission is not necessary to acquire.

"I.. I... Mr. Moreali, the date that you included into the bid is not, really included. I have to.. I have to politely decline." I stammered while trying to find words that will not offend him.

Akala ko ay biro niya lang iyon for the audience. Hindi ko inaakalang totoo niya palang isinali sa offer. I mean, who would do something like that?

"May I ask, why?" He asks, his gaze not leaving mine. Still not fazed with the rejection that I shot him with. Is he serious?

"I am in a relationship, Mr. Moreali." Deretso kong sagot.

I saw that he kind of raised his eyebrow. He looked amused with my answer. Hindi ko tuloy alam if I should be offended with his reaction.

"A monogamous relationship?" Tanong nito ulit at tila hindi naniniwala.

Of course, its monogamous! Kaya nga tinanggihan ko ang dinner date na sinasabi mo. What is wrong with this man? I know that he knows what he looks like. Sobrang gwapo, litaw ang dugong kastila sa mukha at tikas ng pangangatawan. I bet most of the ladies he meets and want would gladly kneel in front of him just for his attention.

"Yes, completely monogamous." Matigas kong sagot. Tumango ito at tsaka umatras ng kaunti na ikinaluwag ng pakiramdam ko.

I saw him licked his lower lip and bit it. Stupid me, kept on staring at his lip. But when he chuckled that snapped me back to reality.

"Then, where is your man tonight, Aria?" Makahulugang tanong nito.

"Unfortunately, he can't join me for tonight. He also has business to attend to." I cannot believe that I am discussing my private relationship with this man.

"So, he picks money over you?" Sambit nito. Nag-init ang mukha ko sa sinabi ni Alejandro. What did he say? "On the debut of your business, he's left you alone. Let me tell you, mi cielo, if you were mine, you will not be able to parade yourself like this without me chaining you in my arm."

Alejandro Moreali shaming my relationship is something that I will never thought of ever happening. Umakyat na ata lahat ng dugo ko sa mukha sa sinabi niya. While I am trying to grasp my sanity back, I saw Lilith Moreali behind Alejandro, approaching us.

"Hey, Aria! Is my brother already claiming you for the date?" She laughed then looked at Alejandro. "Easy, brother. Try not to scare your princesa."

Alejandro looked at his sister and let out a small sigh.

"Unfortunately, Lilith, the said princesa is already taken. She is in a monogamous relationship, and the lucky man is not present here tonight. What do you think, little sister?" Nang-aasar na sambit nito sa kapatid. I don't even know how to react right now. Pilyo namang ngumisi si Lilith sa akin at ulit nitong nilingon si Alejandro.

"Don't you know, brother? Mas madaling hulihin ang manok na nakatali." Humagikhik naman si Lilith. I saw Alejandro smirked and nodded.

What the hell is wrong with this sibilings? Bago pa man ako makasalita, Lilith gently tapped my forearm and smiled.

"Forgive us, Aria. Dark sense of humor runs in our family." Paumanhin nito.

"It's fine. I am only glad that the two of you are just kidding." Sagot ko and let out a sigh of relief. I looked Alejandro, trying to get a reassurance that he is kidding. Ikinawindang ko naman ang mga binitawang salita nito.

"I might take on your advice, little sister. Let's see if that phrase can be put to result."

**

Alejandro

I can see in her eyes how she wanted to give in. I saw the temptation in her eyes while she was looking at my lips. She is trying to restrain herself for the sake of her so-called relationship. Though her eyes could not lie on how she is close in indulging herself to sin. Admitting it to herself would mean betrayal, and that is exactly what I want her to do. I want her to want me, exactly how I want her for myself. I want her to realize that she is with the wrong man.  All these thoughts in my head excites me, making me want to steal her away from the man she's proclaiming that owns her heart.

Not yet, mi cielo.

I'll make sure that if you sin, I am worth going to hell for.

Ivy.

(not proofread.)

14Jun21