CHAPTER - 6

SUGAR

I twist and turn. The bed is very comfortable, but my mind stays wide awake, exploring for any opportunity to get away. I don't feel this instinct before listening to Elena's story. Then, I end up rustling the bedsheet as my feet rub with each other.

"Nightmare?" A broad voice asks me, jerking me up from the bed. It is Marcus. He is the 'Jerk'.

"Why are you here?" I scream. His face is illuminated by the pale moonlight. If it wasn't for the scars on his eyebrows, he would've made a perfect model. A rather better way to earn than being in the Mafia. He is reading a paper, which looks ancient for a man like him.

"This is my home," He answers, grinning.

"How did you get the idea that you treat me good, yet you treat me badly." I sit up straight, conscious of my clothes.

He grins again, making me go numb. I pretend to be strong as I get up and move him to get out.

"I won't, Lucy. I'm here to make sure that you won't escape." Wanting to know why the devil himself has decided to monitor me, but I know that he is peculiar. Besides, I don't want Aiden to tease me while I'm sleeping.

I give up and decide to sprawl on the bed till I fall asleep. Moments with Ethan floods my memory. The first time I met him, he worked in the DJ booth. I'm now left to wonder why he would work there. He has always been ordering me around, while I am always bothered about making him ecstatic. Tears slip out from my eyes, they glisten in the moonlight.

"What's wrong?" Marcus stands up and reappears before my sight. He sits on the bed as I move to the other edge.

"Jerk," I answer, shifting my position.

"I'm not as bad as you think," He answers with sudden softness.

Will there be a catch?

"You have ruined Elena," I say, causing him to shudder slightly.

"I didn't," He says, causing me to think that he's being a liar now.

"Well, come on. You are the boss here," I say.

"You should probably sleep, Sugar. It's getting late," he says, looking right into my eyes.

"Sugar?" I ask him, wondering what has gotten into him suddenly.

He jerks straight up and walks towards the chair he has sat on earlier. Then, he grabs the paper and rushes outside, leaving the door wide open. I wonder what is wrong here.

Why would he be crushing on me? Why would he bargain me for the skulls with Ethan? What are the reasons for him not killing me yet?