Chapter 28

(Picture 👆 Cr. to the owner)

The days at Yiling Kingdom went on happily. Wei Ying got Lan sisters as his partners and they played pranks on his brothers and Lan Zhan frequently.

Despite being princesses and giving off the aura of refined ladies, the Lan sisters were really playful. Along with Wei Ying they behaved impishly but not in a harmful way.

He spend most of his time with Lan Zhan. He  accompanied Lan Zhan to practice sword and martial arts. Sometimes they were in library reading books or playing music. Lan Zhan had profound knowledge in music too. Wei Ying only used his flute to contribute to the melody.

Their days were harmonious. The feelings they concealed under the pretense of friendship became prominent as the days goes by. But both had never got the chance to confess or in other words they couldn't muster up the courage to do that.

One morning, Wei Ying got up early and went to find Lan Zhan. They had planned the other night to go on an adventurous trip with the brothers. 

He skipped and hummed a tune along the way. He didn't have to go further when Lan Zhan himself came towards him.

Wei Ying smiled brightly seeing him. "Did you sleep well? Were you looking forward to this trip with my brothers?" He didn't give any time for Lan Zhan to respond and continued. " Let me tell you in advance, my brothers are the best company one can get when they wants to be reckless. They're really fearless, buoyant, and flamboyant when they are impulsive."

"Who are you calling impulsive?" Someone asked from behind him.

He turned around and greeted his brothers enthusiastically. "Gēgēmen you are finally here. I thought i had to call my sisters to wake you guys up." He smiled slyly.

"Consider themselves lucky to wake before we notice. Or else we could have made it an unforgettable experience." Lan Qian said a little disappointed. The Lan sisters had a small bag in each of their hands.

"Ay, si Jie... What is that you gave to my brothers?" Wei Ying tried to snatch one bag from Wei Yixing but failed to do so.

"It's some snacks. We couldn't prepare more because it will be a lot to carry around" Lan Liying said.

"Then where is Lan Zhan's and mine?" 

"Ah...We forgot...." Lan Jingyi looked at her sisters and turned to look at Wei Ying. "you should have found yourself someone so that you would also have a bag of snacks in your hands now."

" You boys only know how to spend time on playing with your swords that you forgot other important things. How pitiful..." Lan Qin also quipped in.

Wei Ying's mind was long gone to wander around when he heard the words 'someone'. 

Did Lan Zhan need someone who can prepare food and snacks for him and do house chores as a partner? In that case, he lost before he could begin to court him. He is really pitiful.

Lan Zhan couldn't bear it any longer. "I'll prepare something for us."

"No need. We were teasing you." Saying that Lan  Liying take out two extra bags and gave it to them. "Do you think your sisters is that heartless to let you starve? You boys can't even go for half a day without munching on anything."

"Thank you da jie. We will eat well." Wei Ying said and waved.

The brothers and Lan Zhan left the palace.

As cultivators they can use their swords as a means of travel. But they chose to walk so that they can enjoy the journey and look around well. Even though they were faster than normal humans.