Chapter 2

*Riker's POV*

"Where are you going?" Ross asked when he saw me stand up.

I shrugged.

"Walking around." I said and he nodded.

"Mkay."

I quickly exited the room we were in, shut the door and quietly walked to the room next door. I watched the girl from the glass window that was at the top of the door.

She was sitting at the long table that would normally be used for business meetings and events of that nature, but at the moment, the room was only occupied by her.

She was writing in a notebook of some sort, and constantly shifted positions as she continued. I have a feeling she must be doing homework. After about ten or fifteen minutes, she stood up, walked over to the speaker, turned a knob on it, which I'm guessing was the volume control, because the music was now loud enough for me to hear it.

Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars was blasting through the speaker, and she began to dance. She was an amazing dancer, and she's very-

"She's beautiful, isn't she?" Someone beside me said.

I turned to face him. "Yeah. She's absolutely gorgeous." I agreed.

"I'm Connor. I've been watching her for months now. She just doesn't know." He introduced himself.

"I'm Riker. I've been watching her for at least half an hour." I said, then turned to continue watching her.

"Y'know, I think it's obvious that we both like her." Connor said, neither of us took our attention off Haylee.

"Yeah." I chuckled.

"Well, I think this is a bit of an awkward situation." He admitted.

"Absolutely." I agreed.

"Well, it doesn't have to be awkward." He said.

I nodded in agreement.

"Hey, I have a question. I don't mean for it to be rude or anything, but are you-"

"French?" He said. "Yes."

That makes sense.

"She's been through a lot. No one treats her like they should." He said to me.

I looked at him. "Really?"

"Her mother treats her like an employee or assistant, and never treats her like a daughter, or even a human being. Everyone else treats her like she's invisible, or a freak of nature. I just don't get it." He said.

"Wow." I said. "That sucks."

Then the door opened. "Need something?"

I think we disturbed Haylee.

-

*says in Marcus Butler voice* HELLLOOO!

Claire here!

Anyway, so it's Wednesday! Another chapter is now updated! Whoop whoop!

Put playlist in the comments! Hehe.

Yay! Heh