The Two Heads

"What is this?" Samuel questioned, his chiseled frame stood tall with arms folded across his chest, cloaked only in shorts, in anticipation for their morning training exercise. His sharp blue eyes taking in a large dump truck filled to the brim with fresh soil, and several other trucks carrying lumber and landscaping materials in the form of hoes, shovels and rakes. There were three additional trucks filled to the brim with plants and flowers of all types, varieties and colors.

"The pack house has already been meticulously cleaned from yesterday's orders. I took the initiative to find a new way, for those who fail, to improve the look of our territory." Jonah said, his eyes scouring all the materials and envisioning the blue prints he had worked fixedly on the night prior.

"It's going to be a lot of work." Samuels eyes also shifting from each truck, his blue analyzing just how much weight each truck bore.

"There will be plenty of hands to make it a quick job." The Master Beta responded unconcerned. He was positive he would have an abundance of help after the session.

"I'll come back to see its start." The Alpha said showing his mild interest. He could not see what Jonah saw with the flat field of grass surrounded by the idle trucks. However, he did appreciate Jonah taking the initiative and finding a way, for their pack members to properly show their appreciation to the lands of their territory.

—————

Samuel had been immensely impressed with Jonah's efforts today. He could not conceal the look of pride he had for his own master beta, as he entered the training with a frantic bubbling energy. Usually it was Samuels gaze who was avidly avoided, but the groups of men were now also beginning to equally shy away from Jonah's penetrating gaze and barking shouts. The betas usually were those, who were a set of eyes to pick up those struggling and pluck out those who blatantly faltered, an extra set of eyes for the Alpha who could not attend to each of the hundred and twenty men.

However, Jonah was almost malicious. He was targeting specific individuals, and he was breaking them, forcing them to falter. He was intensely nit picky today, and left consistently unsatisfied with any and all efforts provided by the large group. Even less forgiving than the alpha himself, as their passions for today's session, had two separate drives.

Inevitably, Jonah was correct. By the end of the session, he kept forty-two men behind. The highest yield that had failed to make the mark ever. The Alpha felt he was stretching some of the failures, but also recognized that master beta had an unspoken drive and want, motivating his intense behavior. Due to Jonah's own energy output in the mornings session, the Alpha chose to look the other way and say nothing. After all, hard work and a passion to provide for your own land, built stronger character. Jonah's harsh temperament in the morning would only help the men strengthen their characters and resolve.

Samuel felt no need to provide his directives for additional trainings this morning, as Jonah had it well under control. He dismissed himself with a pat to Jonah's bicep, signaling his departure for a much needed shower. He would check in on the Master Beta's progress after he himself was thoroughly cleaned and polished up enough to collect his own mate. A tug of a smirk pulling at his lips as his ears picked up Jonah's sharp callous barking as he walked away, he truly appreciated his Master Beta's demeanor this morning. There would be no slacking under his sharp hazel eyes, in the Alpha's absence.

"Listen up, you fat lazy fucks. The Alpha, in his benevolence, has left you under my charge to make up for, what you were obviously lacking in today's session. You will be under my direction, and I expect nothing less than perfection. Am I fucking, clear?"