06

After a delivery of fresh towels and soap meant for babies, I decided that to sit around nervously and wait was the last thing my already straining heart needed. Lyra and I both were dirtied with the stresses of the day so far, and the hum of steamy shower water sounded like something the both of us needed.

I cleaned her hair and washed her body with the soap delivered to us by the elves, and before I even rinsed the soap out of my own hair, she laid her head on my shoulder and fell asleep. The rubbing of my hand on her back and the warmth of the water lulled her back into a peaceful sleep, and I found myself envious of such relaxation. She had no idea what was going on. All she knew was that she felt safe enough to fall asleep, and that's all I cared about.

When I exited the shower and wrapped us both in a towel, the elves had gone above and beyond with the clothes for both Lyra and I. The closet that was once only filled with Draco's clothes was charmed to be double the size, and was now filled with all kind of clothes for both her and I. Every color you could imagine. Every fabric. Every single article of clothing that they could think of was in this closet.

"Gilly...Wispy, you didn't have to do all of this." I sighed, looking at all of the clothes in awe, "I mean—thank you, but this is really too much. You are too kind."

"It is no problem, Ms. Scarlett. Miss Narcissa insisted you be given everything you both would need given Ms. Scarlett's new role." Gilly informed.

"New role?" I asked, pausing as I walked along the clothes and turning to face the elves again, "How do you mean?"

"Master Draco usually returns home after dinner. Miss Narcissa says that Ms. Scarlett's dinner will be delivered at 6 o'clock, if that is alright with Ms. Scarlett." Wispy completely changed the subject, but I was too tired to question why.

"That's fine." I swallowed my uncertainty, "If it's alright I would like to have a little while to myself. Just to...gain some composure. Wrap my head around things."

Both elves nodded graciously.

"Yes, Ms. Scarlett." Gilly stated.

"Please call Gilly and Wispy if there is anything that Ms. Scarlett needs." Wispy looked at me tentatively.

I nodded, and they both snapped out of the room. My anxieties were still high as uncertainty refused to leave my brain.

How would Draco react? Was he upset that I was here? Was he scared? How would be react to meeting our daughter for the first time, the daughter that he wasn't even aware existed before today? Would he try to send us away?

That couldn't happen. I wasn't leaving him again. We both need him and he needs us. I'm tired of letting him sacrifice himself alone. If I can do something to ensure my future, I'm going to do it.

I dressed Lyra in one of the plethora of onesies supplied by the elves. It was a pure white color, and fit her perfectly. I wrapped her up in one of her blankets from my retrieved bag, and within minutes she was back to sleep without a worry in the world in her bassinet that was placed on the side of the bed.

I didn't mean for my eyes to close so soon, but sleep consumed me completely, and I couldn't help but fall into its comforting embrace. My anxieties never rested though. My wandering thoughts never took a break. No matter if my eyes were closed or open, I couldn't get my body out of its hyper sympathetic state.

------------------

"Ms. Scarlett," a small voice woke me up, "Dinner for Ms. Scarlett is here."