how i met you

"Id break my heart and use those pieces to fix yours

"Id break my heart and use those pieces to fix yours. That is my problem."

Betty pov
Jug sighed deeply as he looked at me with a smile. He looked around making sure no one was in hearing distance of us. We had already gotten our food so the waiter hopefully wouldn't be coming back.

"I remember, you were so innocent and cute when you first arrived" he smiled to himself. Luckily Elizabeth was on jugheads phone deeply focused on her game subway surfers.

I smiled lightly. "Well I went to riverdale for a job, we stopped at a diner before we left, and I saw you. One simple glance and I was in nearly in love." Jug smiled making me blush.

"On our plane ride back I had sweet pea find out everything about you, your social media, your address, your name, just everything about you. And he did....
eventually I knew everything about you, even that you and your family were going on a one day vacation to greendale, I went to your house and planted a camera in your room" you explained.

I was confused. How did I, me, Betty Cooper, catch someone like jugheads eyes.

"are you okay love" jug asked worriedly, "I'm good, go on, please" I smiled

"Well I watched you, for what felt like hours and finally found what I was looking for. The real side. The real acts behind the image. As soon as I found out you had been hurt at home I knew I had to get you out of there. It took me about a week to figure out a plan." You explained taking a breath.

I smiled nodding you on. I admired how you cared about me more than anyone.

"I had sent an email telling your parents I was going to take you. They knew I wasn't going to take no for an answer. I told them I knew how you were being hurt and I would tell people if they did anything to prevent me from taking you. I gave them half a million and told them when this was going to happen" he explained.

My heart hurt. They knew I was going to be kidnapped. They knew it, they didn't even try to do anything.

"They agreed in an email about an hour later. Toni, sweet pea and fangs took action the following night, and that's when I finally had you. They wrote in your diary that you had ran away, like a goodbye letter. And I guess from there it's history" he smiled

I smiled as well. He didn't lie. It was all just history. The past.

"We'll now since we're on the subject, uhm- jug did anything- did you do anything to yourself- like after I left" I asked nervously. I wanted to know I wasn't alone in this. Or if I was.

His face dropped a little. I immediately knew it was a sensitive change of subject.

"I'm sor-" I started. I knew I would be upset if he asked me that question.

But you interrupted me, "Betty sweetheart don't be sorry, we can talk about it later, I just don't want to say anything in front of her" he smiled at me.

I nodded immediately. He was right, I was stupid to ask.

Later that night
3rd POV
They were both in bed, Betty completely forgot about earlier. But jughead didn't. He was embarrassed and ashamed. But he knew he would never ever lie to her again about serious things like this.

"Betty?" Jug asked.
Betty turned over in bed, "yes baby?" She asked.

His cheeks went pink at the name, "uhm about earlier that question-" jug said before Betty cut him off,

"Jug I'm so sorry I know I shouldn't have asked I understand it's a sensitive subject" Betty said quickly.

"No darling, you're completely okay, you were right I think it's best to talk about our flaws and issues. But sweetie did you- have you hurt yourself?" He asked nervously.

Betty looked down nervously, "Uhm- jug, can you go first" she asked softly.

His heart dropped. She did hurt herself.
He nodded slowly grabbing her hand with his.

"Well- I the first time you left I guess I just stopped eating anything, I just felt lazy. But Uhm the second time you left I- um I completely stopped eating, I guess I only had about three waters a day. I felt as I deserved nothing, I mean I didn't, but I guess I lost a lot of weight and eventually my body couldn't handle it, so I had to be hospitalized for about a month, but, yea I guess." Jug explained his eyes on the bed.

Once he finished he looked up to meet her eyes which to his surprise were full of tears.

Which he knew the effect she had on him. Seeing her cry made him cry.

He quickly wiped her tears with his thumb.

"angel please don't cry" he said softly.

she nodded going closer to him, laying her head on his chest.

He played with her hair as she spoke, "I guess, um after I went home, I cried for what felt like days straight. Um I felt like I had no purpose anymore, and I just didn't want to live without you so- so I tried, I tried to kill-"

Jughead stopped her, "shhh darling please don't finish that sentence" he cried lightly. Kissing her hair, then her lips.

"betty I'm so so sorry, I'm sorry I wasn't there for you, I'm-" jughead cried

"-juggie sweetie don't be sorry. Baby please, it's not your fault" Betty said sweetly, sad to see him so upset.

He shook his head, "yes it is sweetheart, I caused that, I hurt you so bad, I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive myself" jughead sobbed, sitting up and crying into his hands.

Betty sat up as well, hugging him.
The last thing she wanted was for him to blame himself for something she did. Her problem.

"Jughead you shouldn't be guilting yourself for this, I was going through a tough time, and so were you! We both have different ways of coping" she comforted him in a sweet voice.

"Trying to end your life is not a way of coping, Betty I practically hurt you so bad you wanted to die. I love you so much, and I- I can't-" he sobbed still not taking in her words.

"I know- I know baby, it's okay, I promise. And I love you too, so much" Betty kissed his forehead softly, as he cried into his hands.

"baby look at me" she said softly.

He slowly brought his hands off his face looking at her, their eyes meeting.

Bettys hands met his cheeks as she wiped his tears with her thumbs like he would always do for her.

She then kissed him. Passionately.
They are so. In love.

Published: June 18th