𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 : 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚑𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚖𝚊𝚜

𝚃𝚁𝙸𝙶𝙶𝙴𝚁 𝚆𝙰𝚁𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙶 | 𝚜𝚔𝚒𝚙 𝚒𝚏 𝚞𝚗𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎 |

𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚐𝚗𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚢, 𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏-𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚖, 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑

𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚙 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ♬♩♪♩  ♩♪♩♬ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛

𝚃𝙰𝚈𝙻𝙾𝚁 𝚂𝚆𝙸𝙵𝚃 - 𝚂𝙰𝙵𝙴 𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝚂𝙾𝚄𝙽𝙳

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ♬♩♪♩  ♩♪♩♬ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

"𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔

𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕,

𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒊'𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒇𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅..."

"

THE GHOST OF A WAILING MOTHER walking in the estate's cornfields at the dead of night was the story their old nanny used to tell them whenever the de Silva siblings were misbehaving. They said it was a mother who lost her stillborn son, and her husband drowned her for that in the river not far from the hacienda. Her vengeful spirit roams around the estate to seek revenge for her unjust and cruel death—some say that they would hear her wail and call out for her child, and rumors were she would metamorphose into a beautiful woman and lure men to their deaths by drowning them.

That was the sole reason Mercedes never stepped foot near the river despite its beauty, but things are different now—they had to sail across the river to make it to the other side of the town. It was happening tonight, their grand escape. Everything was planned to perfection, all they had to do was run quietly through the cornfields until they reach the river dock, where a boat for three people was waiting. 

With a single oil lamp held by the raven-haired man, Mercy's hands were clamped into the maidservant's and they scampered on the glade, careful of stepping on dry corn leaves. They have been running for the past ten minutes and were already out of breath, bodies drenched in sweat, and hearts racing.

Don't look back, is what Iago said earlier. Never look back and just run, run far enough until no one can catch them. Even if they had a slim chance of escaping safely, this was their only chance, and they wouldn't risk losing it.