Chapter 23: Mount Your Horses

Thankfully, Harry wasn't called for any further Wizengamot meetings. The only reason he had known about the last one was because the goblins and Madam Bones kept him informed, as was proper for the Lord of an Ancient and Noble house.

Frankly, Harry didn't want to attend another one. He didn't think he needed to – yet.

Being a cold, selfish bastard wasn't really his style, no matter how much he admired Byakuya Kuchiki. He wasn't a hot tempered arse, like his cousin Ichigo, either.

Harry was still trying to figure out who he really was. At least with Professor Flitwick and Luna he could let down the walls for a few hours and just be Harry.

With Umbridge now out of Hogwarts everyone was breathing a sigh of relief. The auror that Madam Bones sent to replace her seemed to know his business. Harry attended Auror Williamson's first class, and was impressed with the efficiency of his teaching.

"Lord Potter, stay behind," Professor Williamson ordered as the class was dismissed for the day.

"Professor?" Harry looked up at the tall, ruddy skinned auror. It was clear why Bones had sent him, as he walked with a very noticeable limp.

"Potter, you impressed Madam Bones the day you challenged Fudge. She's very interested in the wandless magic you performed with such ease. We, of the corps, also would like to know about it as well."

"I'm sorry, sir, but I'm not allowed to teach it. I'm still learning myself and until I take my exams..."

"Your hands are tied. I see," he said with a disappointing sigh, rubbing his chin. "Who can we contact to learn more?"

"Once again I'm sorry, sir, but I gave an oath to remain silent on that issue. I can use it, as it's easier with my magic than using a wand. But I'm forbidden from speaking of it. I'm sorry." Harry bowed politely and turned to leave.

"So am I, Potter, so am I. Because of the proficiency that you have shown and the fact that there really isn't anything I can teach you.

"I'm well aware of last year's Triwizard Tournament gave you a NEWT in DADA, and am excusing you from this class with full marks. I'll be sending a report stating such to your Head of House, and the Headmaster. Also, expect a visit from Madam Bones in the near future."

Harry turned back slightly and dipped his head in acknowledgement before leaving.

~~

Harry was tired – tired of the stares, the whispers and especially tired of Dumbledore's attempts at control. It was time to end this farce so he could take his OWLs and leave.

Professor Flitwick had been very accommodating in helping Harry to prepare for his exams. As the professor had promised, he'd scheduled Harry to take his OWLs over the Christmas holidays. That gave him hope that he could then leave the Wizarding World of Britain behind and return to his new life in Japan shortly after.

There was only one ominous, dark cloud in that dream – Muramasa.

Urahara had been keeping track of the news out of the Soul Society for him. So far, nothing had come to light about them being aware that Harry had the Zanpakuto, and Harry was afraid of their reactions when they found out. He just couldn't lose his spirit friend now!

Never could he remember feeling so complete. Ever since Muramasa had come into his life the emptiness within him had faded to a memory. The spirit kept Harry focused. It was too bad that the Zanpakuto's talents didn't work against wands as they did on other Zanpakuto. Otherwise he could make all the pranks the twins pulled this year look like child's play.