how wonderful life is while you're in the world

Jinsung stares into his reflection in his waiting room mirror.

No longer was there the high school punk that he once was. His hair was gelled again, yes, but this was for a truly special occasion. He smiled at the man in the mirror, praising him for how far he's come, but most of all for his greatest achievement of making this day happen.

Jinsung swallowed thickly, and took a quick, deep breath. He was feeling quite nervous, as much as what would be normal, but more so excited.

Yohan, dressed in a suit just like Jinsung's, appears next to him. He's changed too, become more polite and reserved than he used too, and no longer believed that anything could just be solved by using his fists. God, it's been years since those days when the four crews were a problem.

"Jinsungie," He smiles, placing his hands on his friend's shoulders, "Calm yourself. It's your day today, and you're not going to mess it up. I mean, you know I'm shit at giving these talks, but you get it, right? After today, you're going to be married to the love of your life, and you're gonna make each other so happy, so--"

"Yohan-ah, Jinsung, hurry up your talk, cause they're gonna call us out soon. C'mon, let's go." Bumjae, in attire that matches theirs, calls from outside his room, and then turns to Euntae, who's also decked out in the same suit.

"We're coming, babe. Hold on a sec."

Yohan fixes Jinsung's bow tie a bit, as well as his own. He beams at him, pats him on the back, and whispers, "Let's go then, shall we?"

Jin sung returns the expression, and chuckles, "Yeah. Thanks."

He begins making his way for his place in front of the altar. Their wedding takes place in a church, of course. He had never really been one for praying and praising the lord or anything, but for her , he'd do it all.

He's standing now, waiting nervously for her. His eyes wander to look at the crowd, where he sees his mother, who smiles softly at him upon meeting his eyes. His gaze travels, and he spots a few familiar faces. Two other old school friends (Hyungseok and Jaeyeol, the high school sweethearts) are sitting in one of the pews, chatting quietly with some of his college buddies and recent acquaintances. Haneul, the second bridesmaid, is just now coming down the aisle, dress flowing and a small bouquet in her hands. She's grown a lot, and her face seemed to slim down a bit along everything else.

Finally, the congregation stands, and Jinsung's wide awake, his heart thumping against his rib cage. It's time.

Here she is, walking slowly, step by step with her arm linked with her father's.

She looks ethereal, she's glowing, even more beautiful than he's ever seen her. Her dress is white and flowing, simple yet eye-catching, with an off shoulder sleeve and a long veil masking her face. Her hair is styled into a bun, the usual hairstyle that she wears daily, and she's not even wearing much makeup either, but regardless...

She always manages to take his breath away.

When she arrives at the altar, her father plants a kiss on her cheek and gives Jinsung a firm hug and pat on the back. She makes her way up the short steps, aided by Jinsung's hand, and stands in front of him. She smiles shyly, and God, he knows he's in a church, but she's even more stunning up close.

And just looking into her eyes, he remembers those days. Them in their youth, when they were just kids learning how the world worked. Their old high school years, when he used to act all tough, just to prove to her that he was strong enough to protect her from anything. Their early adulthood, when she finally admitted that she's grown feelings as well. He knew it well, ever since the day he met her.

Kim Mijin was the love of his life.

And so when the vows have been said and the rings exchanged, they kiss for the first time as a married couple. Jinsung looks into her eyes again, caressing her cheek as she leans into his touch.

They're filled with stars, as if he had hung the moon just for her.