•13

Last night when I got home Ada was in bed so I didn't tell her anything so this morning I was woken up by Ada shaking me and shouting "tell me".
"okay,okay"I said sitting up.After I had told Ada everything we walked downstairs to get breakfast.

Finn and John were sitting at the table already eating breakfast."Where were you last night"Finn asked while I sat at the table "yeah Charlotte,where were you ?"John said with a smirk on his face."Oh I was just with"I paused,trying to think of someone."With ?"Finn asked "With Evelyn"I said "Evelyn ?since when do you know an Evelyn"Finn questioned."We sat beside each other in maths"I lied "Okay,well I'm off to meet Isaiah"Finn said,stuffing the last of his toast in his mouth and standing up."Can I come ?"I asked "Why would you want to come ?You hate Isaiah"Finn asked with a confused look on his face "he's tolerable and I'll be so bored if I don't go I'll have nothing to do"I said "Why don't you meet up with Evelyn instead"Finn sighed "She's not in Birmingham anymore"I said "but Finn please can I just come"I begged "Fine.Go get dressed and if your any longer than 10minutes I'm leaving"Finn sighed.I ran up the stairs and started getting dressed before he could even finish his sentence.

Me and Finn had left the house and were walking to meet Isaiah."Where are we meeting him"I asked "near the market"Finn answered.After only a few minutes of walking we saw Isaiah leaning against a wall with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth.We were walking towards him while Finn took out a cigarette and lit it."Charlotte"Isaiah greeted "Hello Isaiah"I greeted back."What I don't get a hello ?"Finn asked "Hello dickhead"Isaiah said looking at Finn "What a good start to the day"Finn sighed as he walked in front of me and Isaiah,waiting for us to follow.

Me and Isaiah had finally caught up with Finn.
"Where are we going ?"I asked "Oh please don't start this shit again"Finn sighed "Start what shit ?"I asked,offended "When you ask one a hundred and one questions"Finn explained "I'm just curious as to where your taking me"I said.After a few more minutes with of walking I recognised where we were.Finn was getting drugs from Mark o Connor again.God this boy thinks I'm clueless.

We arrived to the same house as we came to last time"Be careful Finn"I said as he walked down the pathway to the house.He rolled his eyes at me while knocking on the front door."God sorry for caring about you"I muttered to myself while turning back to Isaiah."what drugs is he getting"I asked Isaiah,sitting up on the wall "He isn't getting any drugs Charlotte"Isaiah said,trying to sound convincing "Yes he is"I said "He's not"Isaiah chuckled."He is you just laughed.Now tell me"I said with a hint of laughter in my tone .Before telling me Isaiah stood in between my legs and placed his hands on the wall.He then brought his face close too mine,so close our foreheads were touching.My breath hitched as his face got closer "He's getting snow"he answered quietly,looking at the ground."Do you do snow ?"I asked.I watched as he hesitated before answering me."answer me honestly Isaiah"I added"yes"He answered.Before I could say anything I heard Finn open the door and we separated instantly.

After walking for awhile we ended up outside the garrison."The garrison.Seriously.at 12 o clock in the morning"I sighed."since when isn't Charlotte Shelby up for a drink"Isaiah asked "Charlotte Shelby doesn't like alcohol for breakfast"I chuckled while walking into the back.Finn and Isaiah got a bottle of whiskey and three glasses.Isaiah poured the drinks and put one in front of me."I'm okay thanks"I smiled,pushing the drink back towards him."I'm Charlotte Shelby and I don't drink alcohol for breakfast"Isaiah mocked "Oh shut up"I laughed,pushing his chest lightly.

"Finn,what are the odds you'll down charlottes whiskey"Isaiah asked "1 in 5"Finn replied."1,2,3..2"They both said "Fuck"Finn shouted,hitting the table.Isaiah was hysterically laughing."cmon Finny down the glass"I teased,carefully dangling the glass in front of him.Finn grabbed the glass from me and quickly downed it.Me and Isaiah's eyes were glued on Finns face waiting for a reaction."That wasn't a good idea"Finn said before he made a number of gagging noises.

I was mid conversation with Finn when I felt something grip my thigh.I glanced down and saw Isaiah's hand.I turned to look at him and saw him smirking.Isaiah quickly moved his hand when he heard the door open.I turned to the door and it was John and Arthur."Family meeting"Arthur's voice boomed through the room."See you later"Isaiah said while leaving."What's this about ?"I asked while John and Arthur sat down"I have some news"John smiled.

Ada,Polly and Tommy soon joined us and John began talking."You all know what it's been like since Martha died"John began "God takes the best first"Polly added "Truth is the kids have been running fucking rings around me.Out barefoot until all hours "John continued "Polly give him 10 Bob for new shoes for the kids.Is that all John ?"Tommy sighed "Oh shut up Tommy.Let him finish"I shouted
"Now John,what is it ?"Polly asked."What the kids need is a mother a-and that's why I'm getting married"John stuttered.The whole family took quick glances around the room,we all had surprised looks on our face."does this poor girl know you're getting married ?"Ada laughed.I lightly whacked her arm."I've already proposed"He took a pause "It's Um it's Lizzie stark"He said quietly.The room filled with laughter."I'm sure lizzies a lovely women and provides a great service for her customers but-"Polly spoke through laughter until John cut her off"I won't hear that word"John muttered "What word ?"Tommy mocked "You know what word"John responded.I could see the anger brewing on Johns face but Lizzie wasn't good for him and everyone knew that.

"Is she a whore"Tommy spoke "Or prostitute.how about that one ?"Tommy began to wind him up."if anyone calls her them words again,I will push the barrel of my gun and shoot the words right back to their hearts"John spoke through his teeth.I've never seen John speak about a woman like this before "Men and their cocks never cease to amaze me"Polly muttered "John Lizzie starks never done a days work vertical"She added."She's changed.People change"He shouted,slamming his hands on the table.Arthur and Finn shared a few sly laughs before he continued "like with religion"John continued"Lizzie starks got religion eh ?"Tommy chuckled "No b-but she loves me"John spoke.I couldn't help but feel bad for him.That whore has really brainwashed my brother so much that he believes she loves him.Pathetic.

"Listen Tom,I won't do it without your blessing but of all things I want you too see it as brave"John said,standing up and joining Tommy."Oh its brave alright"Arthur muttered before taking a swig of his drink "brave is going where no mans gone before.With Lizzie stark John that is not what you'll be doing"Polly said,letting out a laugh at the end of her sentence."Just welcome her to the family Tom.As someone who's had a hard life,because I-I need someone"John said to Tommy before storming out of the room.