𝒫𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝟤

The night seemed almost perfect. The golden hue from the streetlamps was lighting our way like candles. I couldn't help but stare at him. the man walking next to me was 27 one year older than me. His chestnut-colored hair was glistening in the light. his lightly tanned face gave me the sweetest smile as I smiled back. We had been in love for 24 months now and he took me on a date. We went to a field filled with dandelions.

The field held dandelions for miles the seedlings slowly waving in the wind.  I went to look at him and I saw him on one knee. I turned and immediately my hands went to my mouth. My eyes started leaking out slivery glass tears. 

"Aloura Hope I have loved you and I will always live to love you. Ever since I saw you smile and laugh I knew that I would love you for my life. You were sweet, not selfish. I will protect you, love you, hurt with you, comfort you through our lows and highs. you are talented and beautiful I don't care if you gain 100 pounds or lose 50 I will love you no matter what happens. I wish to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you be my wife?" 

He said holding out a charcoal black ring box. He opened it and in it showed a single golden ring with a purple amethyst on it. 'Yes!  YES, A MILLION TIMES YES! " I exclaimed my arms going around him in a tight hug. He put the golden ring on my finger and it fit perfectly.

That moment was one of the happiest moments of my life. We walked out of the field and I blew a dandelion right out. "May that be a promised for our love" I couldn't express the feeling I was feeling.

Was it Happiness?

Was it Excitement?

Was it True love?

Right before we got in We kissed. the feeling of his soft warm lips was amazing. We both pulled away smiling. We got right in the car. the night was absolutely magical.  Driving down the lanes was great we shared laughs a few kisses and I could ask for nothing more. "You know I would stay with you for 24 hours other than 24 years with another man" I looked at him. He gave a chuckle. 

"Really now?" He said putting on a Scottish accent. "Thomassssssssss stop joking" I hissed. "Fineeeeee," he said imitating me. He honestly made me feel like the luckiest girl in the world which I know everyman should make their girl feel like.

The sudden bang of metal clashing together made my stomach drop.  "ALOURA!" 

My eyes snapped open. I could still feel the same pain from his scream. The same splintering pain of glass piercing my flesh. The bang of cars crashing.My face my soaked in sweat and tears. I felt like screaming. I laid down and stared at the ring he gave me. The golden ring shimmered with the purple amethyst crystal.

I could feel the two sides of love now. One side the happiness. The other side holds the pain of losing the one that you love. I could feel both. The side of him lovingly smiling with me was splintering through the pain but not effectively. Like a mosquito attacking an elephant. I felt like I was withering away. The endless thought eating away in my mind like the flare from the maze runner. Driving me insane as a form of torture.  I got up to the mirror and saw the mess of a person I was.

My face red and wet from sweat and tears. I looked at the anti-depression pills in the cabinet but figured it didn't make a difference. I went back to bed trying my hardest to stay calm and not dream.