《Chapter 0ne》

The Underground City of wall Sina.

A strange place and dangerous one at that. It wasn't likely that anyone was happy or healthy here and that was clear.

The battered streets covered in grime and disease. Creeps and criminals lurk on every street. Chances are that if you live down here, your parents are either missing or dead.

Mine however abandoned me here when I was nine. I will never forgive them for that. Bunch of selfish bastards. They had gained enough money for 4 people out of the 5 in our family and I guess I was the one they decided to leave behind.

I was left to learn to fend for myself, which forced me to grow up rather quickly.

Stealing, fighting, running, picking a lock, finding places to sleep, lying, etc.

The basics needed for survival here in the Underground.

I had grown accustomed to fighting and I even knew how to. I had heard rumors that the 11th stair well was a hot topic for street fights so I decided to check it out.

Learning through observation became a skill of mine. At the age of 13 I could take down a man twice my size and I was known as one to not be messed with by local gangs.

I also hadn't heard anything from my family. However I have heard that they are a striving company of traders in Wall Sina.

Assholes.

I came to the conclusion that they never wanted me in the first place and I moved on with my life. Good for them for being rich I guess, but they're assholes.

I sat on the concrete steps of the 11th stair well watching the fights. A tall man in a trench coat and hat walks past me and steps on my hand in the process. "Oi watch it old man." I state.

"You've got an attitude little brat." His gruff voice spoke. "Reminds me of my nephew."

"The hell..." I mutter.

I feel a cold glare watch my movements from behind me. Turning to catch a glance, my eyes clash with gunmetal grey eyes. I recognized this boy. He always won fights and he's been fighting here for a year or two. He had a raven colored undercut and he always had a cold and mean look to him.

His eye contact wasn't held long, as he was in the middle of a fight. He drew a knife quickly and the fight had ended with his opponent being stabbed. I glance up from his opponent and see him making his way towards me.

"Oi brat." His voice rang through my ears.

I decided to ignore him,  I was not going to be called a brat by this half pint that doesn't even know me.

"Don't brush me off." He speaks again. "Why are you always watching me fight."

"..."

"I won't call you brat again if you just answer me."

"Fine, I don't watch you, I watch other people techniques, specifically ones that help me win in a fight. Also I won't tolerate being called demeaning nicknames from people." I answer finally.

He freezes not expecting me to answer.

"What? You asked a question didn't you?" I speak while standing up. "You could at least introduce yourself first if you plan on interrogating me."

"Levi."

"Levi... nice name. Anyways Levi, it was nice meeting you but it's been a while since I've had a proper meal so I bid you goodbye." I wave.

"Wait I'm not done asking you questions."

"You are now." I say walking towards the vendor district of the underground city.

I had walked down the side streets and I pulled my hood over my head. I knew an old perverted man in the market place that sold over priced bread and baked goods. I never liked this man, he was weird.

I arrive at the door and slip inside. I could tell that Levi was still following me.

What a creep.

I slipped through the cracks of the opened door and begin to walk around and examine the products like a normal costumer would, I noticed mold on some of the treats he had so I tried my best to find a loaf that was eligible to steal and to eat.

Once spotted I made my way over and made sure to be discreet as I hid the bread in one of my pockets. I walk out of the store but I hear the old mans voice from inside.

"Wait a damn minute... somethings not right here. GET BACK HERE YOU THIEVING LITTLE BITCH!" He shouted at me.

I made a run for it. Noticing that Levi was still watching me, I tried to lose him too. I began pushing past into the crowds and down the back alley ways. I turn busy corners and run down filthy narrow streets. In one of the alley's there was a fire escape.

I saw an opportunity.

I climb the escape and bounce onto a roof, I hear the mans foot steps run past the building and cease. I sigh in relief as I got up from my spot.

"You're a clever one aren't you."