《Chapter Six 》

"Guys I found the bo-"

A loud ear ringing bang was heard and I felt my stomach go warm with a pain. Shit. That bastard had shot me.

Both Furlan and Levi's eyes went wide as I fell to my knees.

"Didn't Mom and Dad ever teach you to make sure your victim was still conscious before turning your back?" My brother had etched out. "Well, I guess not considering the circumstances."

"Furlan, stop her from bleeding out while I handle this piece of shit." Levi said walking up to the truck. My head was spinning. The warm liquid was clashing with itself and it made me cold. My head felt fuzzy.

"Levi...stop." I say. "I would like to kill this motherfucker myself. Levi, remember when I told you about my family? Well here's one of them."

Levi's steel eyes dotted towards my brother in hatred. "You-"

"Levi, I'm fine. He didn't hit any sort of nerve and I can still walk. Please... let me do something." Furlan, who was keeping pressure on my would looked at me in shock.

"Are you nuts?! You just got shot and already you wanna fight?"

"Yes, he's still lying on the floor. If he wasn't badly injured he more than likely would have gotten up by now." I said gripping onto Furlan's shoulder and trying to gain balance. I look towards my brother's figure and notice a singular bullet cartridge. He still had one bullet left. "You haven't killed me yet you bitch. You got one more chance to, what's the matter? You got a heart or some shit?"

My brother's face contorts into fear as I stumbled towards him. My blood dripping to the almost rotted wooden floors.

"I decided whether or not I want to kill you. I really want you dead but instead I'm letting you off with severe injuries and a message. Tell that dear old family of yours that I'm alive... and that I remember everything."

It still hurt to move so I took one of my knives and threw it into his leg. He let out a piercing shriek. "The beating you just took should be a warning message. Try to get me arrested if you want, but I will always escape." I smile.

"Grab the gear." I say stumbled back towards them.

"You are not walking home like that." Furlan tried telling me.

"Yes I will. I can't even feel it anymore, you can patch me up later." I nearly fell out of the truck as I made my way down the road. (author: damn sis really said fuck yall and went after being shot-)

I was honestly surprised that I hadn't passed out yet. I looked back and saw Levi and Furlan throwing some stuff off the truck and heading down more hideaways. The stairwell was only a few blocks in front of me. This gave me plenty of time to process everything that had just happened.

My family...had they known I was alive? Or was that just a coincidence? I didn't think I'd ever see them again, hell they could've even been dead as far as I'm concerned. Maybe they want me dead, they especially will now that they're gonna know I'm alive. They don't want their precious family reputation ruined by a street thug.

I limped up the battered staircase while gaining a few questionable stares. I knocked on the door waiting for Isabel to answer, however as soon as the door creaked open, I fell into the doorway clashing into the small girl.

"Well this is a pleasant welcome ba- are you bleeding?!" Isabel started to panic. How did this happen to you? Are you ok?

"I got shot." I mumbled out while she gently put my on the couch, she walked into the kitchen to grab a med kit and she immediately got to work on finding the bullet that was lodged into my abdomen. It stung worse when she began digging though the wound. As she was doing this, Levi and Furlan walked into the house.

"How's she doing?" Furlan asked.

"Surprisingly well for being shot. How did this happen to her?" Isabel responds,

"Apparently her family is still alive and her dumbass brother was out for blood." Levi said whilst giving me that one look that told me that we had to talk later. Fuck, this became a lot messier than intended. I just wanted to go to sleep at this point. Isabel then poured a clear liquid on the wound before bandaging it up. I let out a low hiss as the bandage was wrapped tightly.

"Ok Y/n you should be good to go now. Don't over do it ok?"

"Yea." I reply. I was tired. My vision began to blur as I finally fell out. I was woken to the sound of a conversation that sounded like it was between Levi and Furlan. I decided to just lay there and listen.

"She's definitely something... say Levi how did you find someone like her, she's damn impressive?"

"No, she's a reckless stubborn idiot, that's stronger than the hell she's faced. She proves herself to not need protecting no matter how much I want to protect her. She's the one reason I've managed to survive so long down here." Levi's deep voice broke through after a second of silence.

"Wow, I've never heard you speak so much about a person before. But you still didn't answer my question, how did you find her?" Furlan took his chance at bringing up the subject again.

"To put it shortly, she found me but ran. I got annoyed and followed her until I caught up with her. I actually almost got her caught which is rare, shes an excellent thief. After that she became my first and only friend. If she were to die, then I would fully lose myself."

I had never heard Levi speak in such a manner. To be honest I never knew that he viewed me as strong. I felt at peace with what he said. Despite Levi having a less than welcoming personality, he still has a heart. I decided this was my time to actually wake up. I slowly rose off the couch and the first thing my eyes darted to was Levi's cold stare.

"My room, now." He spoke in a harsh tone.

"Damn it."

He takes my hand and drags me into the room. Once we got there the next thing he did surprised me. He sat down on his bed and motioned me towards him. Once I got close he hugged me.

"You really have to stop getting yourself hurt. You know I trust in you to not get yourself killed but try to limit the injuries. If you don't then I'm not letting you do anymore missions."

"Come on you can't do that. I'll find a way to tag along." I teases while hugging him back. "I'm glad that you care about me Levi but I'm fine, really."

"For fucks sake Y/n you just got shot. "

"But look, I'm still alive, I'm still here, you know I'm never leaving you behind." I say in return.

'Promise."

"I promise I'm never leaving you behind."