Chapter 32

Kaden pov:

I had gone to the school in hope to catch her out on the hallway. I walked those hallways back and forth on each floor. I decided to do one more round and if she didn't show it wasn't meant to be and I would return to the guys at the house.
As I walked down the last hallway that led towards the exit and the P.E class, she stood at her locker looking more flustered than ever. I walked towards her and when I stood in front of her the words seeking clarification spoke. "Where have you been?". I looked around and saw a few students. My eyes searched everywhere and I couldn't risk it. I watched her observing my movements as I told her "Not here". I started walking towards the exit and noticed she didn't follow me. A certain feeling started inside of me. I was torn apart. I needed her. I wondered if I should turn around and tell her right there, risk it all. But I couldn't. I had built an empire and an empire a lot of people wanted. Which meant they would use her to get a hold of my empire and I couldn't endanger her in that way.
I had gotten back to the house and the guys seeked answers. Answers they weren't going to get. I wasn't going to tell them. Jake already knew and that was enough to make me concerned. I'm certain he went to her at one point. She had ignored me for two weeks. That's not a coincidence. I knew she did it out of generosity. But I needed her. She was mine and not other guys.
The others and I had sat down and talked through a few attacks that had been throughout the last couple of weeks.
When we were about to conclude what we should do. Marcus had gotten up from the couch and opened the door revealing a nervous Heather, she was adorable when she was nervous. A small smile was on my lips.
"Who's at the door Marcus?" I asked even though I was right behind him. He had checked the cameras while we talked and informed me she was at the doors. She hugged Marcus tightly and a moment of jealousy aspired inside of me. Marcus returned her embrace and the goof had gotten close to her. They had become great friends, which is why today would be hell and I wanted to enjoy the only light I've ever had down here.
Her.
She had brought some light into my darkness and into the darkness of our world. She gave Marcus and I something we lacked, kindness. Marcus and I were cruel in the world of criminals. We weren't allowed to show kindness or mercy. We were taught how to run a business without breaking and falling apart. Something she wouldn't be able to understand. Marcus' parents and mine were our family close friends and his dad was in my fathers inner circle before he handed the leadership to me.
Marcus had shushed her telling her the timing was wrong. I knew he tried to do her a favor. But I wasn't going to let him. I had watched them and I wanted to have her in my arms again. I've missed the feeling of her body against mine. Something I've longed for the past two weeks.
I walked towards them and I could see the surprise on her face. She didn't expect to see me this quickly. I wondered if she was happy that I stood in front of her. She came to me...
I grabbed her waist and pulled her closer, I wanted her as close as possible. I wanted to taste her sweet lips that tasted like sugar and strawberries. She was heaven. An angel in devil disguise.
"I thought you wouldn't show love." my eyes glanced down at her as my voice wasn't above whispering. She looked at me, still a bit stunned. I wanted to kiss her lips and she seemed to want it as well. I leaned towards her and she did the same. I was about to taste heaven again when someone behind me coughed. We both glanced at whoever behind me that disturbed my chance to taste my angel's lips again.
"Oh, Heather. It's so lovely to see you again." I turned my head in the direction of the person who spoke Heather's name. It was Jake. How would he know her name, could he really remember it from that one time they ran into each other at the fight club.
I had asked the owner that day whether he had seen Heather before. He had told me her brother and her come there to fight here and there. I asked her to the black widow, but he said he wouldn't know and if he did he wasn't allowed to tell. I wondered if he was holding back information from me. But chose to let it go.
I sent a glare to Jake saying 'we have to talk'. Jake walked towards Heather with open arms as if he was going to share a hug with her. Heather's eyes were on the scarf around his neck. All of the guys asked him why he would wear a scarf inside, and he told us he caught a cold.
"Why don't you remove the scarf, Jake? Don't you feel like showing them the bruise from my shoe" She smiled at him and he stopped in his tracks. I looked at her and then back at her, not able to understand what just happened. He went to her? But when...
I watched Jake's face drop while he looked nervously towards my direction. I wondered if he knew what would happen to disloyalty. But I couldn't be sure yet. Maybe it was a coincidence.
"Everyone back into the living room now." Marcus looked at them and nodded as they followed him through the house and towards the living room with all our equipment. I knew they had begun to remove it to look as if they were here for a normal get together encounter.
Heather said something that stirred the pain inside. I stood still and stared at her for a moment. I connected my fingers with hers and led her towards my room. I looked backwards as we walked up the stairs. She looked so gorgeous when she wasn't focusing on keeping up a reputation.
When we got to my room we both looked at each other as we said in sync;
"We've met before."
We both smiled for a second. A second to remember. After that I wanted answers, answers I knew she wouldn't let me have. But that doesn't stop me from trying. I asked what Jake told her. But she wouldn't budge just as I imagined.
She repeated the same word over and over again whenever my question involved Jake.
She opened her mouth to close it again. She hesitated. I already had a good imagination of what he would've said. Also why she looked so torn and frustrated in the hallway earlier.
She didn't have to tell me that something was bothering that sweet mind of hers. I glanced at her once more and nodded, she wasn't going to tell me.
She chuckled and my attention fell on her as she pointed to the door that gave entry to my room. I heard it as well now. The others were outside. I stood up from my bed as my expression toughened and I went to the door, I locked it and as I did you could hear the guys ruffle around outside of the door.
Heather laughed as I looked back at her, she had gotten up from the bed as well. A full smile filled her face and I joined in on her laughter. I walked back to her, back to my everything. I looked down at her face only centimeters from mine. My lips ached to meet hers again and she wanted it as well. My lips found hers as we shared a breathtaking kiss. As she opened her mouth in a breath I took the chance to slip my tongue into her mouth. Our tongues played together in a rhythm. My hands followed her curves as she tugged at the bottom of my t-shirt, I gave her access to remove it and I felt my heart speed up. Normally at this point it was just sex for me, but with her every moment seemed so darn special. I had to make every second count whenever she was in my arms.
I lifted her up and headed towards the bed with her legs wrapped around my hips and her lips on mine.
I'm certain this is heaven.

———
(Edited 13.03.22)
Thank you for reading,
Remember to comment, vote and share.