"darling, are you ready for more?"

The whole school knew Ophelia had been given Quidditch Captain and was working her team to death, but they also all heard of the prank the boy before

The whole school knew Ophelia had been given Quidditch Captain and was working her team to death, but they also all heard of the prank the boy before. Now a secret she had kept secret for years had been leaked by a boy, and she didn't even know how exactly he knew about it.

And although she knew everyone would be talking about the day before, she was hoping she could get breakfast in peace so she woke up and headed to the Great Hall but was interrupted in the hallways.

"I heard you're a wild one in bed. Want to show me some time." A random students Calle four to her with a wink which made her eyebrows furrow. "What a slag." She heard some girls whisper as she passed.

But soon, all her questions would be answered when she stepped into the hall and could overheard the conversation at the Slytherin table. "She's a mudblood, of course she listened to every order I gave her." She heard Evan Rosier brag which made her scoff before storming over.

"When are you going to tell them about the bit were lasted 2 minutes?" She asked as she raised an eyebrows and crossed her arms which made Evan scowl and the person he was telling the story to snicker. "Go on, continue your story." She ordered but the boy rolled his eyes instead. "Fuck off to the orphanage you came from!" A random Slytherin shouted at her, their hands cupped around their mouth so their voice traveled.

Ophelia let out a frustrated sigh before she left the hall without any breakfast and headed back to her dormitory, looking down at the stone floor to avoid eye contact with everyone else.

~☕︎︎~

James woke up the next morning and left his dorm to see Lily sat with Remus by the fireplace with a book. "How's Ophelia?" James asked which made the red head look up and shrug. "I have no clue. I haven't seen her." She replied. "Well, do you know where she could be?" James asked which made her glance over at the nearby clock.

"She should be training right now." Lily replied which made James thank her before patting the top of her head as he passed and hurry down to the Quidditch pitch.

However, when he finally reached the pitch, he saw that the pitch was empty. There was not a single broom in flight. Skipping tensing was unusual for Ophelia, especially because she took it very seriously, so James grew concerned.

So he headed to next logical place which was the Ravenclaw common room.

~☕︎︎~

As he approached the entrance to the common room, he put on a serious face hoping that would help him answer the riddle.

"What gets broken without being held?"

The voice asked which mad James hum and he thought for an answer. "A-a bone?" He replied in a questioning tone but nothing happened.
"Umm..."

Just then, the doorway opened where a young girl stood, staring at the Gryffindor with an unimpressed look. "I felt bad for you." She said before walking away, leaving the boy frozen before shaking his arm and heading into the common room.

He remembered Ophelia's dorm from the last time he went to her dormitory so he headed to it straight away, carefully turning the door handle and pushing it forward.

When he peered around the door, he saw the Ravenclaw lying on her back with tissues scattered around her. But she was not ill this time but crying. Her eyes were bright red and the fronts of her eyebrows were pointing upwards.

"Oh come on." He sighed as he stepped in and closed the door which made her jump up. "What are you doing here?" She asked with a slight scowl and she laid back down again and turned onto her side away from him. "I came to check if you were dead." He replied as he leaned on the post of her bed and looked down at her empathetically.

"Get up." He ordered which made her lift up her head and glare at him. "Come on." He encouraged but she didn't move. "So you're turning down cookies." He muttered as he made his way to the door. He then glanced back and was surprised to not see her jump up.

"There really is something wrong with you to turn down cookies." He said as he walked back over to her, scooped his hands between the bends of her knees and neck and lifted her up. "Fine, fine! I can walk myself." She exclaimed which made him put her back down on the floor and walk behind her out the common room, to ensure she didn't go hiding back in her dorm.

~☕︎︎~

The pair reached the kitchen and Ophelia sat down on the stack of chairs, her back slumped over as her head rested on the counter top. She was too busy tapping on the counter that she didn't see James put a plate of cookies in front of her along with a glass of milk.

When the smell of the freshly baked treat hit her nose, she sat up and reached for one, slowly taking a bite and chewing it. James watched as she ate the cookie like she was a sloth. That was when they made eye contact and Ophelia scowled at him which made him smile slightly and shake his head.

James then left to grab himself a glass a milk whilst Ophelia lifted her glass to her lips. But he dropped the jug of milk which smashed in the floor and spilt all over his chest.

This made Ophelia laugh but because her mouth was filled with milk, she tried to keep it in however it started to come out of her nose and her face scrunched up from the burning.

This made James burst out laughing at the girl will milk coming out of her nose and Ophelia run to the sink to spit the milk out before wiping her mouth with the back of her hand and sighing before also chuckling.