"calling you up,"

One night, as the night air started to get colder, she stood in the kitchen of the school and made herself a cup of tea

One night, as the night air started to get colder, she stood in the kitchen of the school and made herself a cup of tea. Firstly, she put the tea bag into the mug and heated up a pot of water over the fire as technology such as a kettle didn't work at the school.

Once boiled, she poured it over the tea bag and left it to steep, mixing occasionally before she turned to a small tub of sugar and she put two teaspoons in. Afterwards, she took out the tea bag and poured a little bit of milk in until it was a beige colour.

She took a small sip before leaving the kitchen and heading back into the hallways but she heard footsteps which made her eyes widen. But she let out a sigh of relief when she saw messy hair and a pair of hazel eyes.

"What are you doing up?" James asked the Ravenclaw girl who looked down at her cup before looking up at him again. "That makes sense." He replied awkwardly as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"And are you stalking people with that map of yours again?" She asked with a smirk which made him shake his head. "Well, do you want to go for a walk? Y-you don't need to." He asked which made her chuckle lightly at him stuttering. "Sure." She replied which made him smile before they walked through the halls side by side.

"You really have an obsession with tea." He laughed when he glanced over at her cup which she lifted to her lips. "What? Have you been watching me?" She asked with a smirk which made him shake his head. "No, I'm just a very observant person." He argued back which made her chuckle.

That was when James saw a door which he had hardly noticed before. "What's that?" He asked as he pointed to the door. "A door?" She replied in a questioning tone. "No but what to?" He asked with a roll of his eyes.

"Oh the girl's bathroom but Moaning Myrtle haunts it." She exclaimed but she shook his head when she saw his interested face. "Come on." He said before grabbing her hand and pulling her towards the door which made her drop her mug on the floor which smashed but he didn't stop and continued running to the door.

"You go first." He whispered as he hid behind her. "Aren't you meant to be brave. Being a Gryffindor and everything." She replied with raised eyebrows. "And aren't Ravenclaws meant to be smart?" He asked which made her roll her eyes before pushing the door open and walking in with James following her.

"What are you doing here?" A silver ghost asked. Her hair was in two plaits and she was still in her Ravenclaw uniform. She had round glasses and was transparent. "Come to throw something at me?" She asked.

"Why would I throw something at you?" James asked with furrowed eyebrows. "Don't ask me." She replied. Her voice was whiney and high pitched as well as nasally. "But wouldn't you not feel it? I mean, you're a ghost." Ophelia said to the girl.

Suddenly, she flew down until their faces were close together. "Oh yeah! Throw books at Myrtle because she can't see it!" She shouted, her rage filled voice booming through the bathroom. Suddenly, the taps to the sinks burst off and water started to flood out of them.

"Fucking hell!" Ophelia shouted as the water was directed at her and soaked her back. "We should leave." James aid before grabbing her hand and dragging her out the bathroom and closing the door yet the water still got under the door and started to flood to hallway so they hurried away before they were caught, laughing the whole way.