"was such a bad idea,"

It was now Halloween and a part was being held in the Great Hall

It was now Halloween and a part was being held in the Great Hall. Earlier that day they had been warned that there would be no drinking and if there was any, they would be caught and seriously punished.

The four Marauders walking in the hall where music was playing loudly and jack o'lanterns floated around the ceiling. Behind the Professor table was the largest pumpkins which Hagrid had been growing all year.

James' hazel eyes quickly scanned the room until he saw Lily and Marlene and walked over with furrowed eyebrows. "Have you seen Ophelia?" He asked. "She's not shown up." Marlene replied as Lily glared at him with squinted eyes.

"Oh, right." He replied as he rubbed the back of his neck before going back to Sirius, Remus and Peter. He then walked past them, hitting Sirius' shoulder as he passed. "Where are you off?" He asked as he walked down the hallway. "To find a Ravenclaw!" He shouted back before he turned the corner.

~☕︎︎~

Unlike other times, James was successful in answering the riddle and was let into the common room and he headed straight up to the girl's dorm.

He knocked before turning the door handle and pushing it open, revealing the girl lying on her back on her bed. She turned her head so she could see who just walked in before sighing and looking back up.

"Why are you looking so depressed?" He asked as he closed the door and perched on the end of her bed which was when he noticed the candle he had given her for Christmas.

"Maybe I am." She replied, still looking up which made him roll his eyes. "Why aren't you at the party?" He then asked as he grabbed her hand and pulled her up. "They'll all be looking at you." James knew she was referring to everyone who had heard the story which was almost everyone at school.

"Who cares?" He asked with a shrug as he placed his hand on top of her and share eye contact. "But I don't have a costume." She replied. "Then I won't wear one too." He said with a slight smile.

"Alright," She began with a smile. "But promise to not wear one to one up me." She added as she put her pinkie up which he wrapped his little finger around. "I promise." James said with a slight nod.

~☕︎︎~

They wait a little longer before crashing the party. Because they didn't have a costume, they were basically invisible so there was no need for James' cloak of invisibility.

"Keep to the wall." He whispered to Ophelia which made her chuckle as he sounded like all the spy books she had read to pass the time back at St Joesph's.

They then approached the table were a large glass bowl of punch was. It was a mixture of fruit juices with lemons slices floating within it.

Sneakily, James pulled a small bottle of vodka out of his pocket and unscrew the lid before pouring around half the bottle in. "Oh don't be a pussy." She replied as she tipped the rest in which made him widen his eyes. "Oh they won't drink from that." She replied. "But they will from this." She added as she pulled several small bottles out her pockets and poured them all in before they scurried away.

That was when they noticed Snape, who's greasy hair was reflecting the candlelight. "Before we go." She said as she grabbed his arm to make him stop. She then pulled out her wand and pointed at the bit until he started to shrink and his hair started to thin out until he was a small baby sat on the floor.

"Ew. He's gross as a baby as well." Ophelia said with a disgusted face which made James chuckle before grabbing her hand and rubbing out the hall when the Gang of Slytherins looked around to see who casted the spell.