Chapter 15: Fèath✔️

(n) - The state of being calm; peacefulness; absence of worry, anger, fear, or other strong negative emotion; absence of noise and disturbance

Pronounced: feeth

Winter's Outfit

•Winter's pov•

I yawn as I walk through halls with Daniella, Elizabeth, and Vienna by my side. My eyes droop a little, but manage to stay open. It's not that I'm tired, but I'm tired. You guys all know what I mean. We make it to my locker and I get out what I need for Trig, World History, and French. Once I do that, Liz and I split from Dani and V to go to our first period. When we arrive, Trayvon is already there. We take our seats and listen to whatever the teacher is telling us. Turns out, we have a math test coming up on Wednesday, so that's exciting. Please note the sarcasm.

History, French, and PE are the same as always. Now on to one of my favorite classes, music. The assignment for music class today posts as a challenge for everyone. We have to choose a song, any song we want, and choose an instrument to play it on. Because this assignment is to really see where our skill level is, all of the performances are going to be solos. Then next week, we're going to do the same thing but with a partner.

I don't hesitate to walk up to the piano and sit on the stool. Although I'm talented in a few instruments, the piano is my forte. The next thing I do is scroll through my music library on my phone to choose a song. I don't have to scroll for long. Once my song is chosen, I waste no time in walking up to the teacher.

"Hello Winter. Have you chosen what song you'll be performing on which instrument?" She questions with a warm smile.

"Yes. I've decided on performing Lovely by Billie Eilish and Kahlid on the piano."

"Wonderful choices. I'll write that down and you can get to practicing."

I put my airpods in and take out a notebook. As I listen, I try to correspond the lyrics and the music with notes on the piano and write it down in my notebook. The bell rings before I can finish, but I got quite a lot done. I already knew the process was going to be a while when I decided against taking the easy route and looking up the notes. Plus, I can always look up the notes if I end up needing help.

Once music class ends, Wonder, Tray, and I part ways to go to our lockers. I exchange the books that I need for my morning classes with my chemistry and Literature Books and make my way to the lunch room. On my way there, I bump into my brothers and we walk together. When we walk into the lunchroom, everyone, as always, stops talking, eating, blinking, and moving all together and instead, they watch us walk to our respective tables. I walk until I'm in the middle of the room, finally annoyed with all the staring and attention.