Only One Can Remain pt. 1

*Lloyd's POV*

Once the boat docked, Clouse began to speak as he walked ashore.
"Welcome to Chen's island. The tournament of elements welcomes it's brave fighters." He paused and looked at my father. "Master Chen will be pleased you've returned, Sensei Garmadon."
"The pleasure is all mine, Clouse." my father replied.
"I'm sure it is," Clouse rolled his eyes and turned away.
The others and I walked up behind my father.
"I'm defiantly feeling some tension between you two," Jay whispered.
"Yea, and how is it we're on an island I've never seen on any map?" Kai asked.
"And care to explain how the face of Ninjago's most popular noodle house is secretly assembling an underground fighting tournament?" Cole continued.
"Master Chen used to be a friend, now he is a traitor. During the serpentine wars, Chen turned against his own kind and sided with the terrible snakes." my father replied.
I decided to cut in myself.
"The battle you and Uncle Wu fought together in? He was an enemy?" I asked.
"He used deception to divide the elemental masters. We barely defeated the serpentine and in a deal for his surrender, Chen was to never leave this island. Little did we know he would begin to build his criminal empire from here." my father spoke as we walked up several stairs leading to a building.
"He may have divided our ancestors but he's not gonna divide us." I returned.
I saw out of the corner of my eye that Kai had turned around and was looking at the girl he fought for earlier.
"Uh," he smiled then pushed us aside. "Ladies first."
She smiled at him in return and walked by with a slight frown.
"Fire will melt her icy heart. Just wait," Kai smirked.
My father groaned. We followed the other elemental masters into the building when Cole spoke again.
"This is a big island, Zane could be any where. Keep an eye out."
There were drums being played by men in red cloaks as we walked by.
"So this is the house that noodles build! Ha! I always wanted to go to a red carpet event!" Jay laughed.
"Chen lives like a king. Here he is totally self sufficient. The only way on or off this island is with his permission, which you have to earn." my father spoke sharply.
"You never told me about this place. How do you know so much about this island?" I asked.
"Because before Chen was my enemy," he began as he undid the back of his gi to reveal a purple snake tattoo. "He was my Sensei."

-Time Skip-

We all sat on the floor in a large room, awaiting Master Chen.
"You never told me you had a Sensei," I began.
"When I was your age, I sought a darker means of guidance. He taught me to win at all costs no matter who I hurt. It wasn't until you saved me that I saw the light." My father smiled.
"Apparently he never taught you to have a sense of humor. Lighten up! We're in an underground fight club! This is supposed to be fun." Jay cut in.
All of a sudden, one of Chen's followers struck a gong and music began to play as Clouse stepped forward.
"All rise for Master Chen," Clouse spoke as he pointed upward and we all rose.
A throne slowly was lowered to the ground with a man sitting on it.
"Welcome to the tournament of elements! Now everyone can all di-," He said as the doors behind us closed. We all gasped. "-rect your attention to me!"
He laughed.
"I forgot to mention, he has a pension for theatrics." My father whispered as we sat back down.
"Never have I seen so many elemental fighters under one roof. I see master of fire, earth, shadow, speed, even a prophesied green savior!" Master Chen said as he looked at each one of us. "And a formal pupil has returned. This symbol before you is of the anacondria, the fiercest serpentine warrior to ever roam this land. It means only one can remain!"
The symbol gonged and opened to reveal the tournament brackets.
"Good, looks like we are each in our own bracket for a while," Kai whispered.
"Better find Zane before that happens," I replied.
"Behold! A jade blade! Here it represents life. Obtain it, move on. Allow your opponent to take it, loser! The rules are simple, every match will be different, no two fights will be the same. Your powers will keep you in the tournament. Use it or lose it!"
"Master Chen, I don't mean to cut in but aren't you forgetting something," Clouse spoke.
Chen tapped his chin for a moment then spoke. "Ah yes. I have a special guest joining you all in the tournament. Come in my dear!"
We all watched as a girl with purple hair walked in and looked at us. It was none other than Serene. She was here and alive. I smiled happily as the others looked over at me.
"This is Serene, master of water and portals."

-Time Skip-

After we all had been shown to our rooms I planned to go to Serene's room to talk to her. I guess she had the same idea because once I opened my door she was standing their about to knock.
"H-Hi Lloyd," she smiled.
I smiled, grabbed her hand and pulled her into my room. I quickly shut the door and hugged her. "Your here."
"Yes I am and I'm not going any where."
I gently kissed her. She was here and in my arms.