00:03

Today was Hana's last day of high school, maybe her last day of school ever

Today was Hana's last day of high school, maybe her last day of school ever. She didn't think of pursuing higher education anymore due to what was happening to her. Even though Sunwoo saved her from her last breath, he didn't save her from her demons. Yet.

For the first time in a while, Hana went to school early. She dropped by the nearby convenience store and bought a sandwich and banana milk for breakfast. She decided maybe it was a nice time to enjoy the early morning sunrise at the football field, maybe her last moments in her sanctuary.

She set up her spot, even spreading out her handkerchief as a small picnic mat for her simple feast. She enjoyed herself for once, enjoying the sounds of nature around her. How quiet the roads were, and how small the bird chirps were, she enjoyed her morning. She looked around the field, looking at the small planter boxes with flower sprouts.

But then a foot stomped all over those poor innocent baby flowers, it was Naeun.

She aggressively walked away from under the bleachers, with Hana expecting an apologetic Sunwoo following her. But to her surprise, Sunwoo walked the other way, not even bothering to look back at his upset girlfriend.

"Looks like they fought." She told herself while finishing her meal. She admired the sunrise a bit more, before packing up and making her way towards where the two parted ways. It was her only way out to her class.

She passed by under the bleachers, but got sidetracked by a reflection that hit her. There were rings on the ground, promise rings to be exact, and a phone. Sunwoo's phone.

Hana noticed the nicely decorated phone on top of one of the bleacher seats. She could tell right away it was Sunwoo's, since she was the one who decorated that case.

She picked up the rings and the phone, planning on returning it to the boy later on on the day. But as she observed the case while she walked towards her class, she noticed a new sticker.

Park Hana

"He remembers me." She whispered to herself, touching the sticker to check if it was real. "He really did it."

The girl choked on her tears, falling on her knees in the middle of the school's greenhouse. "Someone remembers me."

"He's so stupid." Juyeon said to Kevin as they passed by Hana in the hallways. "Did he really just break up with her because of one simple fight?"

"I heard they gave back their promise rings to each other." Eric said while running towards the two boys, passing Hana.

So they really broke up.

"But people don't know everything that happened between them." Hana thought to herself, recalling about the numerous fights she watched from across the football field.

"I hope she's okay." Younghoon said to Changmin who sat across him. "She doesn't deserve to be this heartbroken."

Hana couldn't believe what he was hearing. Everyone believed that only Naeun was the one hurting right now, as if them breaking up didn't involve the two of them. Hana's heart broke for the boy, who was probably being shamed by almost everyone now for breaking the school princess' heart.

"Sorry to interrupt, but who broke up?" Hana couldn't take it, she needed to confirm.

"Sunwoo broke up with Naeun." Changmin answered her, pausing his conversation with Juyeon. "Naeun's friends told everyone that Sunwoo got bored of their relationship, so he asked to end things with her."

"She's a manipulator." Hana said to herself while smiling at Changmin, thanking him for answering her question.

"Who was that?" Juyeon asked Changmin while Hana stood up and left her seat.

Hana waited until her last class was over. Study period became more of an insider gossip period with everyone just talking about the recent break up, treating it like two celebrities broke up.

It was disgusting, they didn't even refer to the two as people who actually had feelings and emotions. They just talked about their break up as if it's some story or news item. They didn't actually care for the people involved, maybe only a bit for Naeun.

Hana made her way towards the football gates, knowing that that's where Sunwoo passes when he goes home. They've passed that gate so many times in the past.

And she was right, there walked a boy carrying his duffle bag on his shoulders, looking down on the ground as he walked. Unlike how he usually confidently strides the hallways.

"Sunwoo!" She called out to the boy making his head shoot up. "Do you want to hang out?"

"Park Hana." Her name appeared on the screen before loading their game.

"Thanks for giving back my phone, Hana." Sunwoo thanked the girl while stepping on the color coded pads. "And for you know, hanging out with me today."

"Thanks for remembering me." She said softly before the song's beat became faster, making them both hasten their footsteps. "You're really good at this."

"Been a regular in this arcade for a while." Sunwoo cluelessly explained to the girl who already knew everything.

She was the one who introduced this place to him, taking him to this place every time his team lost when playing soccer. This was his healing place, and she already knew it.

"That's cool." Hana replied shortly. "But I don't think you can beat me." She challenged the boy who was already catching his breath.

The two continued to play, both draining their energy after a few hours. Eventually, they sat in the corner, taking turns on sipping their only prize, a cup of Mountain Dew.

"You know I don't see you often at school." Sunwoo said while taking a sip. "Are you sure you go there?"

"You've seen me many times, Sunwoo." Hana calmly said taking the drink from him. "You just don't remember it." She said making Sunwoo look at her.

"You're a DDR goddess, I'd for sure remember you." Sunwoo joked, making the girl hit his arm. "But for real, you're really cool."

"Everyone forgets me Sunwoo." Hana put her guard down, thinking that Sunwoo would forget everything tomorrow at best. "It's my life."

"What do you mean it's your life?" Sunwoo asked confusedly. "What, you were born just to be forgotten?"

"Pretty much." Hana said taking another big gulp, wanting to get drunk with the soda. "One day my life was normal, and the next day everyone completely forgot about me. Now every time I talk to anyone, they don't know me and don't remember me after we part." She continued to explain to the boy whose eyes wandered around, with their pinkies touching ever so slightly on the ground.

"Date me." An idea popped into the girl's head, making the boy put his focus back on her.

"Date me, so you can forget about Naeun and remember me instead."

Hearing Naeun's name felt foreign to Sunwoo now after spending a few hours with Hana. She made him forget about his last day, about how terrible his day went because of his breakup with Naeun.

Hana made him feel relieved and peaceful right now even if they were sitting in a corner of a crowded dimly-lit arcade.

He felt as if his world was slowed down and that Hana was the only thing he could focus on.

"Let's meet up tomorrow?" Hana persistently suggested. She wanted this to work out, she wanted to maintain how Sunwoo remembered her. "Please remember this."

"Let's date then."