An Incompetent Opponent

A/N

Hello! I'm back with the next chapter! I'm still not going to be updating regularly, but I thought I should post because it's been a while. As per usual, this is your trigger warning for violence, so if that's not your thing, now is your time to leave (I don't really know why I keep putting these here; I'm sure anyone who would get offended has already left a long time ago).

With the trickster still at your side, you are forced to comply with his overprotective touch; if you can even call it that, it was more like you were his leftover food and he was trying to save the rest of you for later. As much as you loved the feeling of him holding you, now was not the time, you're supposed to be kicking his ass at his own game not fondling with the fanatic. You continue to fight against his alluring embrace and fidget in his grasp knowing full well you'll never get out without his permission.

"Stop trying to get out and give in to me, let me have you, let me have all of you." His tone was low and seductive, practically implying he was trying to get in your pants, which in all honesty he was, but now is not the time nor the place; not when you're slowly losing consciousness and definitely not in this shit hole, where there are corpses of humans and animals scattered around aimlessly. Only a masochist would want to do it in this dump, which you both were so maybe...

No

No, absolutely not

It's not happening

"No, I can do it by myself, I don't need your help." You retorted and continued to be a nuisance by thrashing around even more.

"Fine if that's how you wanna be, you have two options: either you stop moving and let me help you so we can resume the game or you can keep moving and I'll tie you to the wall and turn you into my new dartboard. Your choice, choose wisely though because I've heard your neighbor is a bit of a handful." His voice was no longer calm and soothing, now it was dominant, threatening, and assertive. Who knew the deeper meaning of his words could still penetrate through the arrogant joke; the amount of power he held over you while still being able to miss around was astounding.

You were starting to piss him off and he wasn't having any of it. Apparently, he didn't do a good enough job punishing you the last time you lost sight of the one calling the shots, and now, much like before, you were letting your need to impress take over and corrupt your actions. Too bad the one you were trying to impress was the one who thought you required his aid to do the most elementary tasks.

You look over your shoulder to give him a nasty glare to relay your disdain. You knew he wasn't kidding; if you were to carry on being defiant, this two-player game would quickly become a solo game. "F-fine, since you care so much, why don't you g-go downstairs and grab the medkit."

"Yeah~" he took an elongated pause before continuing "no, I'm only trying to prolong your death, not prevent it entirely." He turned down your request without hesitation as if you weren't worth the time it would take to retrieve said medkit.

What a dick

Taking your hand in his, he outstretched your arm and lined it up with Laurie. "You already know how to hold the knife properly so I'll skip that part," He began his lesson and you could tell it wasn't going to be short; after all, he can't have an incompetent subordinate. "The second step of performing this trick is lining up your shot. It's pretty self-explanatory, all you have to do is look beyond the knife and keep your eye on where you want it to go. Most of the time the knife will go roughly where you want, so don't overthink it, but take your time; if you think your shot is off, you need to stop, breathe, and try again." His words were practically turning to mush at this point, but the only way you're going to learn is by doing, so it doesn't really matter what he says.