Decisions

4x19 (Last Chapter)

Stiles POV:

Elijah and Rebekah arrived back at the house, while Lucy finally came down from her room for once so we can discuss what we are doing with the cure.

"Elijah, being human means a fresh start. For both of us. Mischief and I can grow old, have a family and fill our days with meaning, knowing that each one matters." Rebekah tells Elijah who is sitting across from us.

Rebekah is sitting in between Klaus and I on the couch while Lucy is sitting on the table behind us.

"Well that was poetic." Klaus laughs.

"Well if you can come up with a more compelling reason for wanting the cure, Klaus, please."

Klaus leans forward. "Silas can appear as anyone. He got inside my thoughts, convinced me I was dying. He'll torment me until I give him the cure." Klaus states.

I stay silent thinking of a solution to both problems and also not wanting to get between Klaus and Rebekah's little spat.

"In doing so he'll break down the wall to the Other Side." Rebekah argues.

"So it doesn't trap him there when he dies. He wants to reunite with his lost soul mate. You off all lovesick fools should applaud his devotion." Klaus responds.

The word "Devotion." Echoes around my brain. I figured out a way for both ideas to work but the sacrifice...

"He'll open the floodgates for every supernatural being that has ever died." Rebekah states getting angrier by the minute.

"Including our dear brothers, Kol and Finn. We'll have out family back." Klaus says. Trying to appeal to Elijah's love for his family.

"Please, you hated Kol and you kept Finn in a box for most of his life." Rebekah scoffs in disbelief.

"Elijah, please." Klaus gestures to Rebekah.

"Your personal discomfort might not be sufficient reason for putting the entire world in jeopardy, Klaus." Elijah announces. Rebekah's grin widens while Klaus' falls and turns to a frown. "I think our sister and brother-in-law deserves a shot at happiness."

Rebekah breathes out in shock. Tears threatening to fall. "Tell me you're joking. Tell me you're not fating me to an eternity of torture." Klaus pleads.

"I made my decision." Elijah states. Rebekah smiles widely while Klaus jumps up and whips around so he's behind Rebekah.

"When you're sick and dying and you beg for my blood... I will laugh in your face and compel you to forget me." Klaus whispers in her ear. Voice laced with anger.