Chapter 2

She had fair skin and soft green eyes. Everything about her lit up the cold, damp dorm room. The way her hair lay, tucked behind her delicate ears with not a strand out of place. And the way her voice matched the way she looked, like an angel. Not even God had seen someone like her.
"Hi i'm Abby"
Woah she spoke again. How long have I been staring? Somewhere between a second and thirty.
"Hey", I blurted with an exaggerated happy tone, "I'm Isabelle. Wait. No sorry, people call me Izzy."
"Right..." She chuckled.
"Gosh I made an embarrassment of myself didn't I? Well, I hope you don't mind but I already claimed the bed on the right"
"Not at all. First come first serve isn't it? Unless we're going to sleep in that bed together?."
Abby's smile grew wider and wider as she asked this, let's just hope it wasn't sarcasm.
"Oh please yes, I claim the side closest to the wall!"
"Ha I like the idea."
But whilst saying this she also walked over and placed the first suitcase and box on the left bed. So, I quickly came to the realisation it was... flirtatious sarcasm?
"I'm going to go get the rest of my boxes from downstairs now and then we can get to decorating.", she continued.

Sunset passed before we knew it, the evening was filled with the procrastination of singing and dancing rather than unloading boxes and covering walls with decorations.
We easily introduced ourselves to the rest of our flat mates who all seemed to be cooking a huge variant of meals.
There was Pete who had managed to fill a whole cupboard with pot noodles. I could sense he would be the comedian around here as he sat there pulling jokes and slurping his noodles unbothered by the 4 other strangers in the room. Pete had shaggy, brown hair and a bristly, half-grown beard as if he was still going through puberty and was proud of his achievement.
Then there was Gia, whose food had such a strong smell it was stinking out the whole place and could probably be smelt down the corridor. She stood around slowly mixing her curry sauce and boiling her rice but it was obvious to us all that this was probably the first time she had cooked. Gia had brown eyes, thick, ginger hair and a pea sized freckle below her eye.

Just as I finished observing Gia and Pete, a small, quirky looking girl knocked on the door and was quickly answered by Leo. Leo should really be called Leonardo DiCaprio as he was just as, or even more handsome than him. So it was clear that  the other students around here had caught onto that and had already made some quick moves to get with him, that was why we had visitors on our first night. Leo had a frizzy, mousy-blonde, small afro and appeared to visit the gym every single day.

So the dorm was full with me, Abby, Pete, Gia, Leo and his quirky date. This was going to be a fun few years.