Episode 1.1: Fuyune The Forgotten

𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟏

𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟏.𝟏: 𝐅𝐮𝐲𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧

◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌

• MONDAY •

"𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄 cases you could fixate on, Leader, of course you choose the one we'll lose the most sleep over." Nagahiro Sakiguchi reclines against the plush white sofa and raises an elegant teacup to his lips.

"Sleep is secondary to the beauty of ambiguity, Nagahiro," replies Manabu Sotoin. He grips the arm rests of his chair and offers me a gentle smile. "Snow is beautiful, is it not? The white moon as well. Fuyune the Forgotten. How lonely. Yet, her allure is undoubted."

"Are you sure she can be trusted?" Michiru Fukuroi  lowers the last of the tea he's brewed, motioning I receive it, although his glare is far from amicable. "She seems like the type who'd force you through hoops and backflips only to say, 'I was pulling the wool over your eyes the whole time.'"

"Learn to be considerate, Mr. Delinquent," sighs Mayumi Dojima, unfazed by his animosity. By far, out of this haven of pretty boys, she's leaps and bounds the most natural. "For what reason would she have to tell such a boldfaced lie?"

"But I mean, amnesia?" Hyota Ashikaga says, lying upside down on the sofa. "This isn't a movie. She could very well be pulling our legs. And frankly"—He proudly flaunts his stunning calves and ankles—"mine are too attractive to allow any foul treatment."

Sosaku Yubiwa brushes broad paint strokes against the canvas located at the corner of the room. He neither makes a peep nor offers any indication of joining in on the conversation, although I have a gut feeling he's at least listening.

The Pretty Boy Detective Club.

That's definitely what they named themselves.

According to Manabu, the blue-haired club president, they're governed by four simple rules.

1. Be pretty
2. Be a boy
3. Be a detective
4. Be a team

They worked diligently to solve mysteries they considered to be "beautiful," and each member had a nickname to summarize their appeal.

Nagahiro the Orator.

Manabu the Aesthete.

Michiru the Epicure.

Mayumi the Seer.

Hyota the Adonis.

Sosaku the Artiste.