Chapter 5

a/n: hey im back! :D I know  its been a very very long time, but I lost motivation and then ended up forgetting about my Wattpad account. but im back now and hoping to finish this and my other stories!

Scout trotted through the forest,  the stirrups on his saddle hitting against his sides. But he didn't care. He was focused on getting back to Bright Fields. He reached a large moor, and started galloping, his ears forward and looking alert. He knew from experience that moors could be dangerous. His old owner used to do foxhunting with him on the moors. 

As Scout predicted, the further he got in the moorland, the rougher the terrain got. His front leg got caught in a hole in the ground that was hidden by the tall grass. He fell forward, the girth on his saddle breaking off and falling limply to the ground. He whinnied as he felt a sharp pain in his leg. He knew it wasn't broken, but he saw a bad cut from his knee to his hoof. He still continued on as fast as he could. 

He continued across the seemingly endless moor in an unsteady canter, sheer determination in his eyes. At long last, he finally reached the end of the moor. He slowed to a walk, the pain in his leg making him want to lay down. But he couldn't. He had to keep going. No matter what. 

At the end of the moor, there was a deep, wide stream. He snorted and began to pace up and down the river bank, wondering how he could get across it. He looked up and saw that the sun was beginning to go down. He knew he didn't have much time before it got dark, so he carefully walked down the bank, trying not to slip, and  He was taken off guard by how deep it was, but he struggled across, ears pinned back and the whites of his eyes showing. Eventually, he found his footing on the other side of the stream.

He was exhausted, but he knew he had to keep going. He was going to get home, even if it was the last thing he did.