Chapter Eight:

I start to shake Lily awake. I need to get her out of the house and somewhere safe because I don't know who Riley was talking to on the phone and I don't want to know.

"What the hell?" Lily says confusedly as she starts to wake up. "How did you get free? And why is the chair broken?"

"I'll explain everything later but we need to go somewhere before someone else decides to do something crazy." I tell her. "We should go to Donna's. Nobody's going to suspect that we're hiding there."

I grab the bobby pin that I put in my hair and pick the lock to Lily's handcuffs and help her down the stairs and out of the house.

"Stay here for one second. I'll be right back." I say.
I walk over back to the bush where Riley's body was and I drag Riley by her hair over to where Lily is.

"I've been waiting to get my revenge on her and I finally got to!" I say triumphantly as I walk over towards Lily with Riley's body dragging on the ground.

Lily gives a wry smile as I let go of Riley's hair.

"Wait! Did you kill her?!" Lily asks dramatically.

"Sadly no, I just knocked her out like she did to me and you, twice." I explain.

"Thanks for helping me out back there." Lily says solemnly as I help her into my car and toss Riley's lifeless body into the trunk. I turn the key and start driving to Donna's house.

When I arrive, Lily looks a bit better than she did before but I think that she most likely has a concussion.

'We have no time to go to the hospital so she'll just have to deal for a while.' I think to myself as I drag Riley's body out of the trunk.

Lily knocks on Donna's and when Donna answers, she's shocked. I mean, anybody would be if two of your friends just spontaneously showed up to your house and one of them was carrying a lifeless body in one hand and a baseball bat in the other.

Donna eventually got over the whole 'Lifeless Riley Thing' and was now wondering why we were at her house.

"Well, Riley broke into Lily's house hit us both over the head with Lily's baseball bat as well as threatened us and then had the audacity to accused us of Steph's murder." I explained. "So, I broke the chair to free myself and I unlocked my handcuffs with a bobby pin that I found, found Riley who looked like a mad woman and grabbed the bat and whacked her almost as hard as I could. I mean, I didn't want to kill her."

"Huh, that escalated very quickly." Donna returns. "Okay then, I guess that makes sense why you guys went to my house then."

Riley starts to regain consciousness and I grab the baseball bat just in case I need to knock her lights out again but Donna decides to stop me. She grabs Riley's body and handcuffs her to a chair.

"Can I hit her again? Riley is much more enjoyable unconscious." I ask.

"No, because as pleasant as she is silent and lifeless we need to get answers from her this time." Donna replies.

Riley fully wakes up and struggles to free herself from the handcuffs.

"LET ME GO." Riley demands "You don't understand. You need to let me go NOW!"

I scoff. If she really thinks we're going to let her go and not get some answers from her she's dumber than I thought.

"We're not letting you go until you answer our questions." Donna says as she walks towards Riley. "Now, why did you attack Lily and Kamrin and break into Lily's house?"

"I-I had to, I was told to get something. I'm not sure what it was but they said that Lily had it." Riley said frantically. "Please just let me go! You don't understand he's gonna hurt Marcus..."

"Whose he Riley?" I ask assuming whoever it is was who Riley was talking to on the phone earlier.

"Stephaine's murderer." Riley replies with her eyes low. "I don't know who it is. All I know is what they told me and Stephaine's files that I also may have stolen from the Station."

Riley was in contact with Stephaine's killer so it must be someone we know and if she was in contact with the killer did she help kill Stephaine?

"Where are the files???" I ask demandingly.

"There back at Lily's house." Riley begins to explain.
"I took them with me to see if I could find what
Steph's killer was talking about."

I look over at Lily who has been sitting in silence this whole time and wonder what could the killer possibly want from Lily?

"I know what she left." Lily concludes.

"What is it? What did she leave?" Donna asks.

"The last time I hung out with her she must have left her phone at my house because every time she called me after that it was somebody else's phone." Lily explains.

"Wait? But then how did they find out where she was then? They said on the news that her phone was how the police found her location." I question.

"The news anchors said that they found a tracker that was from her phone there, not her actual phone. So she must have known that she was in some kind of danger or something and planted her phone at my house and the tracker in the woods where she was found. So, that means there was something that relates to her murder on her phone that she hid. But where?" Lily says.

As everyone starts to think about what may possibly be on Steph's phone besides a whole bunch of messages from random dudes, Riley manages to get free from her handcuffs and she immediately spirits for the door. Donna rushes after her and then, a few minutes pass and Lily and I hear a loud scream from outside.

Both of us quickly rush outside to see what all the commotion was about and we see Donna and Riley standing back from something with complete horror. They both move away for a second and Lily and I are able to see what made them so horrified. It was George's body.

Lily walks a bit closer to the body and picks up a note that was on the body reading it aloud for everyone to hear.

"I suggest you guys stop trying to solve Stephaine's case because if you do, someone else will suffer the same fate as George. I'll be watching you."

Then, at the bottom of the note was signed "Night Watcher" in George's blood.