two | meet you

Μερικές φορές, αυτό που φοβάστε περισσότερο να κάνετε είναι το πράγμα που θα σας απελευθερώσει

[ sometimes, what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free ]

☆ ☆ ☆

Ascending the semi-large travel boat, Avery's face scrunched in disgust at the humid smell of rotting wood planks and dead fish. Tackling his walk over legs as he passed through the small corridors of the small ferry, Avery breathed in delight once he was able to squeeze himself into a seat, next to a frail old man who carried a large toothless smile and a tall obese woman who wore large worn dress and beared a large brown basket on her lap.

A small ting of nausea, invaded his throat of the constant rocking of the small ferry. Even if the ferry was tied to the port, the small waves and soft breeze seemed to push the ferry off balance.

Tapping his foot against the ground, Avery immediately began thinking into his thoughts while grabbing onto his bag tightly on one hand and clutching his camera in the other.

Since Avery's depart from his warm Colorado apartment, he had really come to the realization of the difference between Greece and Colorado - and it didn't only come from the extreme temperature differences. People here in Thessaloniki seemed, free and liberate. They dressed how they wanted, they looked how the wanted, they joked about you in another language . . . it was so unbelievably unrealistic for Avery. Back in Colorado - a person had the freedom to do whatever they wanted to be - but there was always that thin restriction - dress by trends, look by trends, if you're a girl act like a princess, if you're a boy, you're supposed to act cocky and ignorant but innocent and kind at the same time.

It was those unrealistic expectations that made Avery feel so . . . captive.

"Θα θέλατε λίγο φρέσκο γαύρο?" The woman next to him said, pushing the small cloth off the basket, displaying the large set of dead fish.

Avery quickly denied the offer, desperate to get the disgusting reek of anchovies from under his nose - but it seemed that the woman didn't quite understand, and continued suggesting.

A voice broke in, causing Avery look up to the sight of a blonde girl.

"Ο Μαργαρίτης άφησε το αγόρι ήσυχο, δεν ενδιαφέρεται."

The woman smiled up at the blonde girl, a lighthearted laugh left her lips as she chatted with the girl. "Είναι μια χαρά Πηνελόπη. Ξέρεις πώς είναι οι τουρίστες."

"Και να. Ξέρω τον Μαργαρίτη," the blonde girl replied with a grin.

Turning in Avery's direction, the blonde girl smiled wildly. She ratherly looked normal, with wavy blonde hair, large blue eyes and a small body frame.

"Sorry about Margarit," the girl apologized as she holded a small notebook to her chest, "she gets a bit carried away when it comes to selling to tourists anchovies."

Avery nodded, side-eying the large woman next to him, before looking back at the blonde girl, humming in response.

"I am Penelope," the blonde girl greeted, sticking her hand out for Avery to shake.