Hanahaki Disease

Zenitsu suffers from a disease called Hanahaki disease. It's a disease where you grow flower petals in your lungs, from having love problems. Zenitsu, being himself, he could never express his love in a way. That's why he suffered from this disease now. Zenitsu tried to keep his disease secret, but it didn't take long till someone found out.

Cough cough. Cough.

Zenitsu was over the toilet, coughing out petals and a bit of blood. He grabbed one of the petals and looked at it. The petal was a light yellow, like a sunflower. It had darker yellow tips. Tears came from Zenitsu's eyes. When will this end? Zenitsu wondered as he threw the petal in the trash. His mouth filled with petals. He knew the answer to that question. The petals will only stop once his love is returned to him. He quivered as he felt the petals inside his throat. If this gets worse, the petals will start growing on my skin. . .

Zenitsu heard knocks on the door. It was Aoi. "OI! What are you doing in there!? Hurry up Zenitsu!" Zenitsu coughed again, wiping his mouth. "Y-yeah! I'm coming out, Aoi!" Zenitsu's voice was scratchy, with the petals all in his throat. He could barely breathe. Soon enough, the petals will consume his lungs and he won't be able to breathe. He needed to fix this, but he was too scared. Too scared to confess his feelings towards the person he loved so much. That person was special in his heart. Tanjirou Kamado. Zenitsu's secret special person. If only he had the guts to tell Tanjirou, but. . . If Tanjirou didn't return his feelings, Zenitsu would surely die from this disease.

🏵️🏵️🏵️

The disease slowed down, so Zenitsu hid his mouth with a mask and walked out the bathroom. He saw Aoi, Nezuko, Mitsuri, the girls, and Shinobu. Why were all the girls in his room? He waved and said hello. They all looked angry. He was sure he didn't do anything to the girls, so why were they angry?

"We know your secret. You can't hid it." Aoi put her hands on her hips. "What secret. . .?" Zenitsu started to sweat. He gave a smile as he started to cough again. He felt the flower petals start to go up his throat. Mitsuri ran behind Zenitsu, pulling back his arms so he couldn't move. "Huh?! Cough. L-let me go!" Shinobu pulled off Zenitsu's mask and they all watched yellow flower petals and blood leak out of Zenitsu's mouth. They all gasped. Zenitsu cried out as Shinobu patted Zenitsu's back, seeing so many flower petals come out his mouth. "Zenitsu-San! You've been hiding this all this time?! Why?!" Nezuko had tears stuck near her eyes. She whimpered along with the little girls. Zenitsu huffed and looked up at them. "Im sorry. . .cough. I didn't want people to find out because they would try to help with my love life. ." Sighs left the girls. Mitsuri let Zenitsu go and put a trash can under Zenitsu. He threw up petals. "We are going to help. But first, you have to tell us who you like. That's the only way to cure this." Zenitsu knew this. Cough cough.

"I like. . . " The poor boy looked at Nezuko. "T-tanjirou. . " Cough, cough.