Chapter 3.

Megan's POV
I woke up in my bed, it was Saturday so I slept in. I only have work later on. So I was chilling in the morning.

No one was home, as usual. My dad worked double shifts and two jobs. He does everything he can to keep this roof over our heads and for that I was grateful. I worked at Red Lobster, they tipped pretty well. I honestly took any shifts I could.

I checked my phone, my phone was blown up from Caresha. I was so ready to block her ass.

She was one of the first girls I really had feelings for. She's the only person who has truly loved me. But it's not our time anymore. I can't be who I was , I've grown from everything and it's like she's still in the same space.

You're probably wondering why I keep her around, or why we still have our on and off thing. She's important to me and I care for her deeply. When there was no one , there was her. She knows everything about me, and accepts me for who I am. Scars and secrets and all.

She can be a real pain in my ass though. I just feel like nobody thinks I can be with anyone else because of her. I don't run with the things she does. She's into trouble with the law and she has it rough. She already on her 2nd strike. She's possessive and toxic. I never minded having her around until I realized that I shouldn't.

I hate the way she speaks on Normani. And I hate the way that Normani won't even consider giving me her number because of Miami. Which I guess I can understand.

Man all these thoughts are in my head I need to vent. I began to FaceTime my best friend.

"Kehlani I have a problem," I complained

"It's about Caresha again huh?"

I nodded.

"Man I'm tired of giving you the same tired ass advice Meg. You hard headed and don't listen to shit,"

"Ouch. I get you upset but I really do need your advice,"

"Are you gon take it," she questioned

I smiled, "yes okay yes,"

"Okay meg go on,"

"You already know about Miami and everything, but there's this girl. She a junior you probably heard of her, Normani,"

"Kordei?"

I nodded, "yes,"

"Mm she fine as hell," Kehlani started to lick on her lips

"Aye chill,"

"Ohhh i see, what you interested in her but Miami up yo ass?"

"Yes man, I told Caresha we not together but she be kissin on me and holding my hand and shit which is all nice but I just want a platonic relationship with her. I wanna get to know Normani," I expressed

"I hate to break it to you meg but even if you bag Normani for real no girl is gon be comfortable with you being besties with your first love," she shrugged

I hated what she was saying but I guess she wasn't wrong.
"So what should I do?"

"Create distance. Which is what you should do for yourself cause she's fucking with your energy, but hey that's just me,"

"I guess I could do that. So what do I do about Normani? I've spoken to her quite a few times but she can't even look me in my eyes. What if that means she don't want my ass around?"

"Well that can mean two things, she don't wanna talk to you or you make her nervous and shit,"

"Mm I hope you right Lani. You know ion tell nobody else shit,"