15. Honey, Take me to the Moon!

I've heard people say a couple's romance grows stale after marriage.

People are idiots.

It was a fairly easy conclusion to come to. Especially if you're lying on your bed, with a shirtless Rikkard Ambrose looming above you.

"Mrs Ambrose." Reaching out, he captured my face between his fingers. "Do you know how worried I was when I found you alone and unprotected in that den of iniquity?"

I considered this for a moment. "Adequately worried?"

To judge by the way his grip on me tightened, that was not the right answer. Or maybe it was. I guess it just depended on whether I wanted him to hold me more tightly, didn't it?

"You know," he whispered, his lips ghosting over my neck, down towards more interesting areas. My back arched, my breathing speeding up. "I've been trying to make you stay safe at home again and again. I've tried any number of methods. Threats. Bribery. Trickery. Nothing has ever worked with you." His lips reached my collarbone, eliciting a moan from me. "So I suppose that only leaves one way open to me."

"W-what?" I demanded.

"Why, trap you here, of course." His eyes burned into mine with ice-cold flames. His hand slid down my body, slipping between the folds of my dress. "With my skills."

How had ninety-nine percent of the female population of this planet neglected to try and marry this man?

Like I said. People are idiots.

"Now," he breathed against my skin. "Let's begin, shall we?"

I opened my mouth to respond—whereupon he took the chance to claim my mouth with his. His tongue teased my own, twirling and dancing. As if in rhythm to the same silent music, tingles were dancing all across my body, telling me to writhe, to clutch him closer and never let go.

I think I'm gonna listen.

No, I shouldn't. I really shouldn't. If he really was doing this to trap me, to make me into a compliant little wife and—

Just then, his hand found a certain spot.

"Aaah!"

Oh, to hell with it! Let's take a holiday from independence!

"Now, my dear wife, tell me..." His eyes bored deep into mine, promising heat from hell and pleasure from heaven. "Will you stay right where you are, nice and obedient?"

"O-of course not, I—aaah!"

"Would you like to rethink that?"

"I-I'm not that easily maniiiiiih...!

"Yes." A gentle kiss brushed the corner of my mouth. "You're so strong-minded. You'll be able to resist, won't you?"

"Y-yes!"

"So..." Something evil glittered in his icy eyes. "You won't mind if I dial up the heat a little, will you?"

Oh, heck!

"Now wait just a minute, I—aaah!"

"What was that?"

"Yespleasemorerightnow!"

"That's what I thought I heard. Now...let's get down to business, shall we?"

Somewhere in the background of my mind, I registered a soft noise. Like...from a pair of trousers hitting the floor.

And then he was there, on top of me. Cold. Hard. Indomitable.

Oh yes, let's get down to business! I love business! I want to be a businesswoman!