014

After a couple of days, Bucky's favour was ready, the high-tech suitcase showed up on his bed when you had both gotten back from lunch. Bucky read the note that was on top, he smiled. He turned to you, "you feel like going to Louisiana?" You stared at him, "I don't have a pardon, I can't go to the states." Bucky rolled his eyes, "your Steve Rogers' little sister, whose gonna arrest you?" You stared at him incredulously, "they arrested Steve when he broke the law." Bucky shrugged, "they gotta catch you first. Plus, you can use your powers to get to the other side of the world in a second all you gotta do is use the phone lines." You smiled at him, Bucky tugged the hand he was holding so that you were flush against him, your hands resting on his chest. Dipping his head, his nose brushed against yours, "come back with me." You gave Bucky a lovestruck grin, "why Louisiana?" Bucky pulled away, grabbing his bag, swinging it over his shoulder and the high-tech suitcase. You grabbed yours, "we gotta give this to Sam and help him with the boat." During this adventure if you wanted to call it that, you had caught up with Sam and Bucky about what had happened since you had last seen them. So, you knew all about Sam's troubles with his family's boat. "You leavin' me, Sparks?" You shook your head, "never, Bucky." Bucky grabbed one of your hands with his right flesh hand, pulling you towards the door. You swiped your bag as Bucky yanked you out the door.

You dropped your head back as you inhaled the salty air, Bucky dropped an arm around your shoulders as he stepped forwards. A little way a way was Sam's boat, there were several people around by it, there was a truck with what looked like a generator on the back. You both sped up slightly. Sam was half turned away from you, back to the boat, looking towards an older man. "How are we going to get it off the truck?" Sam was asked, Bucky handed you the suitcase. Bucky stepped forwards and lifted the generator off the back of the truck. He twisted and placed it down on the dock. "You're welcome." Bucky took the suitcase from you and gently placed it down on the truck bed, "Just dropping this off, you can sign for it and we'll go." Sam looked over at you and moved over to the suitcase. "I called in a favour from the Wakandan's." Bucky explained as Sam ran his hands over the suitcase. Suddenly there was a hissing noise and all of you looked over at the boat, where a stream of air was escaping from a pipe. Sam's name was called out by a young woman. Sam jumped down onto the boat and started to use a wrench to tighten the bolt. Bucky watched as Sam struggled for a few moments. Bucky said hello to a woman you assumed was Sam's sister, before moving behind Sam and tapping at his waist to get him to move aside. "Hold on, hold on. You gotta go up." Bucky moved the wench upwards and tightened the bolt. Sam looked at Bucky curiously. "Why didn't you use the metal arm?" Bucky looked down at his left hand before looking back at the pipe. "Well, I don't always think of it immediately. I'm right-handed." Sam nodded.

Bucky looked around the boat and snuck a quick look at you, "So this is the boat, huh?" Sam waved his arm about, "this is it." Bucky glanced at Sam, "it's nice. You want any help?" Sam nodded and moved off to the side to get his tool kit. Bucky spotted Sam's sister making notes as she walked along the side. "I'm Bucky." He gave his usual charming smile. "Sarah." Bucky smiled at her before saying her name softly under his breath. "Sarah." Sam looked back confused at Bucky. Sarah turned around and spotted you. You waved, "Y/N." She waved back; Bucky followed Sam. You smiled at Sarah, "need any help." Sarah sighed, "not unless you know how to fix a generator." You grinned, "I'm your girl." Sarah showed you to where the generator was, introducing you to Carlos. You shook his hand and removed your jacket. Sam and Bucky spent the day fixing the boat up while you worked on the generator. Sarah had bought her two young sons over to help. Sam, Bucky, you, Sarah, Carlos, along with Sarah's sons, AJ and Cass were taking a lunch break when the generator started to spark. You got up and ran over to it. AJ full of curiosity for what was about to happen stood up but stayed away. The generator then became a Tesla Coil sparking everywhere, you heard Sarah scream for her son. You stretched out your hands and called the electricity to you, as you did you overloaded the generator so that it stopped working.

Recalling the rest of the electricity to you so that you absorbed its power so that it wouldn't hit anyone. Stepping back, you shook your hands to allow the electricity to work its way under your skin. There was a ringing silence as you turned to face the small group. Bucky had a look of awe and pride for you, Sam looked shocked even after seeing you fight with the avengers. Sarah, her sons, and Carlos all had their jaws hanging open. AJ was the first to recover. "THAT WAS TOTALLY WICKED!" He then turned to his mother, "I told you she was an avenger like Uncle Sam." You chocked out a laugh. Cass stared at you open mouthed before asking you, "what is your avenger name?" You allowed a watery smile to grow, usually people were scared when they saw what you could do. "Sparks." You moved to sit back beside Bucky. Carlos looked at you, "I got an old generator that no longer works, you reckon you could wave those hands of yours and get it to work?" You nodded, "I could try." Carlos nodded; Sarah looked at you, mouthing. "Thank you." You shrugged, before drawn into a conversation about your powers by AJ and Cass, Carlos listened in as did Sarah. The two also asked a few questions about your powers. While Bucky and Sam spent the rest of the afternoon fixing the boat, you helped Carlos with his generator before being dragged away by AJ and Cass who wanted to see what you could do with your powers.

When the sun began to set, Sarah showed you were there were a couple of beers for Sam and Bucky along with telling you to inform that dinner was in an hour. You said goodbye to her and the boys. You stood at the edge of the boat, "permission to come aboard." Sam looked at you, "give me a good reason." You waved the beers at him, "Sarah also said dinner is in an hour." Sam grinned, "permission granted." Bucky helped you down onto the deck, he took one of the beers offered, Sam took another. Both had paint stains on their clothes. You all cracked open your drinks. Sam sitting on a wooden box, Bucky standing leaning against the dock. Both you and Bucky had almost finished your drinks when Bucky spoke up. "We gotta catch our flight tomorrow. Get a hotel room for the night, crash you know." Bucky grabbed his jacket as you did yours. "So, you're just going to set me up like that, huh?" Bucky shared a look with you, shrugging, "Well, we don't want to make it weird for your family." Sam scoffed, "the people in this town are the most welcoming people in the world. They don't care if you wear small T-shirts or if you have six toes or if your mom's your aunt. I mean you saw what happened when Sparks here, used her powers." Bucky laughed giving a happy smile, "Okay, I get it. I mean, you know, the people are nice." Sam pointed at Bucky. "But don't flirt with my sister." Bucky shook his head with mock seriousness, "No." You cut in, "does that mean I can?" Sam gave you an affronted look while Bucky pouted. Sam gave you both a glare. "Cause if you do, I'll have Carlos cut you up and feed you to the fish." Bucky laughed, "Okay." Sam looked at you both, "besides Sarah's making dinner, don't make me go back alone. She'll kill me for not making you stay." You laughed and Bucky wrapped an arm around your shoulders, tucking you against his side. "Dinner sounds nice."

The three of you arrived at Sarah's and Sam's, where you were immediately hustled into a shower. Before you all sat down at the dining room table, "thank you for inviting us Sarah." Sarah shrugged. "Don't worry about, thanks for all your help today." AJ and Cass spent the first half hour asking all sorts of questions about your powers, your relationship with Steve, what Steve was like, along with questions about Sam as an avenger, and Bucky's arm. When they stopped asking questions to eat dessert, Sam asked one of his own. "So, who forced who down here?" You and Bucky looked at each other before at Sam. "I mean I know you had to drop off whatever's in that suitcase. But only one of you really needed to come and considering, Y/N's trouble with shall we say flying. I just want to know who forced who to come." You grinned mischievously. "We just wanted to see where you grew up." Sam scoffed as he took a swig of his drink, "why is it I don't believe you?" Bucky shrugged, laying an arm over that back of your chair. "Okay fine. We came because we were sure that your sister would all sorts of embarrassing stories about you when you were kids." You told Sam as Sarah lit up with an almost evil grin, "Oh I do." Sam pointed at his sister. "Don't you dare." Sarah simply gave her brother another evil grin, before turning to her sons, telling them that they had a couple of hours or so before bed.