19. Son ?

Mornings represent many things to people . For me it's seeing Neo in the morning waiting for me once I open the door of my house . I like seeing him the first thing before facing the world, it's something I became dependent on without realizing.
I hear neo getting ready to get dressed after coming out of the bathroom.

"Athena I'll have to go now " he says and sits on the bed next to me.

"Mm yeah okay " I mumble and bring the covers over my head as a shield from the sunlight.

"Wow no goodbye kiss ?" He chuckles.

"I'm too sleepy and can you close the curtains before you go?" I mutter my voice not clear because of the covers .
There was no answer so I thought he left. Seconds later the covers were taken from me and I felt like I was naked.

"NEO!" I angrily shout and turn around to face him.

"That's what happens when you refuse to give me a goodbye kiss " he laughs and leaves me annoyed after giving me a kiss on the cheek.
I sleep for another hour and woke up to get ready to go to the bookstore.

I unlock the door to my house and went to my room. It was almost 3:30 pm so I had to hurry up . The house was empty because it was a school day today. I locked the door behind me and answered Emily because she was calling.

"Morning sleepyhead " Emily begins.

"It's noon Emily " I giggle.

"Yes but you just woke up so it's morning for you" she rejects.

"Well yeah I guess " I agree .

"So want to watch a movie tonight?" She questions.

"I will have to see I have to prepare a couple of things for the book to be published next week , how about we watch it around midnight !" I suggest.

"Okay it's new I'm in " she agrees.

"There's this romantic movi-" then she interrupts me saying "no romantic movies please let's just watch something comedy "

"Fine okay " I add and then end the call as I was putting the phone back in my bag while crossing the street , a very fast motorcycle was heading my way that I immediately turned over and fell on the ground to avoid it.

"What the hell!" I shout .

"Ow my hand " I complain in pain.
I get up on my feet again and went to the Pharmacy to get some ointment and a patch.

"Hello , can I get something that can calm down that burning feeling in my hand please" I say while showing her my hand .

"Oh yes of course dear wait here " she replies and goes to get the things .

This pharmacy is new I've never seen it around the neighborhood before . The woman was in her mid 40's . She had silver hair and blue eyes with a sad smile but she was very comforting.
"Let me help you" she speaks.
I sit on her chair behind the cashier and observe her.

"You must be new here miss?" I wait for her to continue.

"Oh just call me lilly " she smiles.

"Yes I came to this neighborhood a few days ago " she continues and finishes applying the patch on my hand.

"Oh well I'm Athena it's nice to meet you , We can be friends you know and I'll guide you around here whenever you want " I offer.

"That's very nice of you thank you " she says in gratitude.

"I must be going now but I'll definitely show up again" I promise .

"I'll be waiting " she smiles.