Shiera I

The wind carried the scent of the ocean and danced up tower walls and slipped into the open rooms of Sunspear. With the sun lazily hanging in the air and looking down on the alabaster and sandstone walls, the castle's occupants moved through the halls. On an open pathway, servants parted to make way for the three young giggling terrors of the Water Gardens. A little while later, Obara Sand swaggered through her home while Nymeria glided next to her with the grace of any noble lady.

However, in a room tucked away near the center of the palace — a pale snake attempted to wake her sleeping sister.

"Shiera," Tyene said, shaking her little sister by the shoulder as she slept. The dark-haired girl muttered something under her breath and waved away the petite blond's attempts at waking her.

"Go away, Tyene," she grumbled, yanking her blanket over her head.

"Father says that the Royal host will be arriving in at noon," Tyene said, crossing her arms.

"Exactly, which means he can come to wake me up in five minutes," Shiera muttered from under her blanket and making the older girl scoff.

"He lets you get away with too much. You're becoming spoiled," complained Tyene and Shiera rolled her eyes.

Tyene paused before saying, "Get up and I won't tell Father that you stole the ring."

"You wouldn't dare," Shiera gasped, shooting straight up as the threat passed her sister's lips and Tyene shrugged.

"I might," she replied and Shiera met her older sister's look with a glare after tossing her tangled hair over her shoulder.

"It is mine, by right. My mother gave it to me!" She exclaimed angrily.

They stared at each other and the younger girl winced as Tyene narrowed her blue eyes. It felt like the blonde Sand had transformed from a water lily to a rearing viper. Unlike Shiera, she had their father's gaze. She tried to stand her ground, but she looked away after the mounting pressure of her sister's glare became too much.

"If it makes you feel better, I'll get ready," she grumbled and Tyene bit back a smile and shook her head, her posture relaxing back into its calm demeanor.

"Good, get dressed and I'll help you with your hair," she said and Shiera let out a disgruntled huff and stood. 

Her nightgown drifted around her ankles as she moved across the room, her feet padding lightly on the cool stone. She tugged the piece of clothing off of her before pulling on a pale yellow dress made from light silk. The two remained silent as they went through their morning routine, giving the other a chance to cool off before they spoke again.

Shiera's fingers worked on the clasp of the embroidered vest that gave the loose fabric shape as Tyene rummaged through her box of poisons and perfumes.

She looked over her shoulder as her sister pulled out a vial and held it in the air, studying it. "You won't accidentally poison me, right?" She questioned, her tone joking and Tyene snorted.

"Please," she said with a scoff. "You insult me."

"What? I was just making sure!" Shiera protested as she turned around and looked in the mirror that sat propped in the room. She smiled at her reflection before moving to Tyene's side as she rubbed an oil against her pale skin.

"Are you going to wear a veil?" Her sister asked and Shiera hesitated before shaking her head.

"No, there's no need," she replied with a shrug, making Tyene tilt her head to the side.

The sun glanced off of Tyene's blonde hair and Shiera gazed at it through the mirror. She was envious of her sister's fair looks.

"You know, the Lannisters' pride in their golden hair would be shattered by you," she declared, hoping that compliment would hide her own jealousy.