Chapter 2

Moving towards where I guess the living room is, Elijah signals for the rest of us to wait, before going to join our half-brother. 

Not bothering to listen in, I decide to poke fun at my siblings, trying to get Finn and Rebekah to smile. God knows the former needs to every once in a while. Don't worry, I stay as quite as I could, not wanting to ruin our big entrance. 

When I hear Nik question Elijah on why "You haven't left yet", I think of an excellent dog joke to crack. "Stop barking at Elijah, Nik, he might get you a muzzle" and that causes Bekah to let out a small giggle and Finn to give a low chuckle. But my next one was cut short as we overhear Niklaus questioning Elijah, "What have you done?" 

Taking that as our que, I move into the room first and send a smirk at my older half-brother, before moving to the side. Finn came in next and, grabbing one of the daggers on the silver tray the servant girl held, he stabs Nik in the hand. When Niklaus moves to speed out of the room, Bex intercepts and, using the other dagger, stabs him in the gut, "This is for our mother". I wince in sympathy when that happens, its hard hearing my brother in pain.

I ignore most of the conversation about Nik making this mansion for all of us, so we can all be a family again. Then Elijah sent the Salvatore brothers on their way, and Niklaus saying he didn't want any of us to be alone. But what caught my attention was Elijah as he spoke up, "None of us will be." Followed by Finn's, "You're staying behind." And ending with Rebekah's, "We're leaving you Nik."

Okay, that is were I draw the line. Stepping forward, I spoke up, "You three might be willing to leave our brother, but I am not. You made a vow, 'Always and Forever', but are choosing to ignore that. I understand Finn and I wanting to leave, we were never part of your little oath, but Nik is. And, although he repeatedly stuck a dagger in my chest, which caused me unimaginable pain, mind you, I refuse to turn my back on family."

"How can you, Elijah, the noble brother, with your claim to nobility, turn your back on family so easily, and Rebekah, the one who loved too easily, you always wanted love, but you seem ignore it when its coming from family. Finn, the loyal brother, you always listened to and believed others when they called you a monster, but chose to not listen when your family, the people who's opinions of you are the only ones that should matter, told you you weren't. And Nik, the bastard brother, your worst fear is being left alone, but by daggering us and locking us up, you only pushed us further away. You all blame Nik for tearing this family apart but we all had a hand in it. Then there is me, the obnoxious brother, the one who has a family that doesn't care if I live or if I die. The brother who could be dead but would never be mourned. The brother who could be forgotten but would always be there, standing right next to you."

Taking a deep breath as I recover from having a rant at my siblings, one I have been wanting to do since I got OG Kols memories, I look up only to see their guilty expressions. Nik was the first to speak up, "The daggers caused you pain?", guilt and remorse laced his tone. "Yes. It pulling at my lost magic. It hurt, a lot." I replied softly, already seeing his regret. "I'm so sorry, Kol, if I had known-" 

That pissed me off. "You would know if you actually bothered to care! You would have seen-would be able to see right now-when I'm undaggered each step, each breath, I am in pain! You would see that it lasts for a week at most. That I suffer, and you all don't care enough to notice, because lets be honest, I'm just the Happy Homicidal Maniac and nothing else, no one else! Did you ever think that I became a homicidal maniac because I wanted attention! Attention my family should have already given me! I killed because I wanted you all to notice that I actually exist! Because negative attention is still attention!"

I broke myself off from my second rant. I can't help it, they make all these promises of 'Always and Forever' then turn their backs on the one family member who needed them most after becoming a vampire. Because lets be straight, Nik lost his wolf after barely have it, so it wasn't that much of a lose, and besides he got it back, even if it is a thousand years later. While Kol, well I, lost magic which I had had all my life, and I can never get that back.

Suddenly pain rippled through my chest, originating from my heart. The dagger. I clutched my chest, letting out a small whimper of pain. Looking up, I saw my siblings' expressions fill with concern and worry. Moving forward, Rebekah quickly grabs my hand and pulls me over to the couch, before making me sit down. Glad to be off my feet, I let out a soft sigh of relief.

As Nik opened his mouth, most likely to ask me if I was ok, and to apologise, at least I hope the latter is true, the door to the room was once again pushed open. This time a woman entered, and not one of Nik's compelled servants, our oh so wonderful mother, Esther. Better known as the original witch. Though from my new memories, I personally prefer the title the original bitch.