Chapter 7 | "how dare you"

At the sound of his voice, everyone else fell into silence, their eyes widening in a mix of fear and nervousness. Tension built in the room as Taeyong stepped onto the mat, walking over to her with a cold glare.

"Are you okay with that, Chaerin?" Jaehyun asked.

"It doesn't matter." Taeyong snapped. "I said she's doing it."

Chaerin just rolled her eyes at the older boy, letting out an annoyed huff.

"It's fine, Jae. I'll fight him." She replied, giving the leader a cold glare.

"Alright then, go and take your position." Jaehyun said nervously, stepping off the mat.

"I don't like this, Jae." Yuta whispered to him. "Something feels wrong. She's not ready."

"It's Taeyong, he won't hurt her." Jaehyun whispered back as they watched the older boy cracking his knuckles.

"Are you sure about that?"

"Do you want to go try and tell him off?"

Yuta lowered his gaze, shaking his head at Jaehyun's question as he turned his eyes onto his friend. Kun, Doyoung, and Ten came to stand next to Yuta, the four of them sharing nervous glances. Jaehyun let out a deep sigh, praying for the best.

"Begin."

Chaerin quickly darted to the side, hoping to get an upper hand on Taeyong but he beat her to it. The second she moved, he was in front of her. It was like Mark but on steroids. With Mark she could at least take a step or two before he blocked her, with Taeyong, she was basically frozen to her spot, turning in circles.

"No where to run." He growled out. "Stop trying." He said again as she tried to turn another direction. "This is what it's like on the real field, sweetie."

His voice sent shivers down her spine. She swung out with her arm, aiming for his head but he quickly reached up and grabbed her wrist. She tried with her other arm but he caught it as well, leaving her trapped.

With a dark smirk he shoved her backwards, releasing her wrists and allowing her to stumble as he followed in pursuit.

"I don't like this." Jaemin whispered to Jeno as they watched their leader. "Something seems off."

"I know." Replied the other boy. "I really hope he doesn't hurt her."

She tried to kick him, but he caught her leg, spinning her around and causing her to land on the mat with a loud thud. The boys around the room winced for her at the harsh contact.

"Jaehyun, don't let this go to far." Kun said to the younger boy. "He might hurt her."

"He wouldn't really go after her," Doyoung said skeptically as he watched Taeyong stalking after her. "right?"

"I don't know." Yuta mumbled nervously. "He's done crazier things."

Taeyong was able to back her into a corner, cutting off all exit possibilities. She was totally trapped and she knew she had lost. There was nothing she could do.

"Do you yield?" Taeyong asked lowly, his cold glare burning into her skin.

Her eyes widened at the question, quickly nodding her head out of fear. With a huff, Taeyong took a step back, giving her space to move as he turned his back on her. She let out a sigh of relief, following him back to the center of the mat, accepting her defeat.

She had taken maybe 5 steps when Taeyong quickly spun around, swinging out with his arm and punching her square across the face. Chaerin heard the gasps echo around the room as his fist made contact with her jaw, a loud slapping noise coming from the contact. The blow knocked her off her feet, Chaerin landing with a thud on the ground as she felt the pain from the hit stinging onto her skin.

"Taeyong, what the hell?" She heard someone exclaim before her chin was harshly yanked upwards.

She found herself looking straight at Taeyong, his fingers digging into the skin on her face as he stared down at her.

"When you're life is on the line, there's no option to yield." He growled lowly. "Welcome to the real world, princess."

With that, he let go of her, harshly pushing her back onto the mat as he stood up. The boys around the room just watched in shock, their eyes flickering between their leader and the girl on the floor, all of them too scared to say anything to the older boy.

Chaerin sat up, feeling the pain on her cheek and wincing slightly. She reached up with a hand and touched her lip, pulling it away and seeing crimson blood staining her pale skin.

At the sight of her own blood and the cocky smirk on his face, Chaerin felt nothing but rage towards the older boy. With an angry huff, she pushed herself off the ground and walked over to Taeyong.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" She yelled angrily.

Around the room, the boys eyes widened, fear instantly flowing through them as they watched the small girl talk back to their leader.

"What did you just say to me?" He growled back.

"She's dead." Kun whispered out. "She's so dead."

"I asked what the hell is wrong with you? Why the fuck did you punch me?" She yelled.

"How dare you yell at me like this? Do you know who I am?"

"I don't give a shit about who you are, you had no right." She growled, adrenaline pumping through her veins. "I don't know what I ever did to you, but god you've been such a bitch to me. I'm used to people ignoring me or whatever but I will not let you punch me across the face without saying something."

"How dare you-"

"How dare I? How fucking dare you! News flash buddy: I didn't grow up in this gang so I'm not scared of you the way they are!" She said, pointing at the other boys. "But I'm training my ass off to work for you! So why you feel the need to hurt me is beyond me. We're on the same side, asshole."

She turned to walk away from him but he quickly grabbed her arm and spun her around.

"Don't you walk away from me."

"I'll do whatever the hell I want. I don't owe you anything and after what you just did, you lost the privilege of making demands." She said quickly, yanking her arm away. "Get off your high horse for once and learn how to treat people."

With that she stalked away, leaving all the boys, even Taeyong, in complete shock.