CHAP 2

your arrival was quite early , compared to the time you had set . but as you began adjusting the over large yet thin hoodie that laid almost to the bottom of your shorts . till it was comfortable enough to walk around in . you held the glass bowl to your chest . the warm dish adding to the heat of that summer day . you began looking up upon the house you hadn't made contact with since you were a little bit younger . four years you told yourself . pausing along the sidewalk when you glanced up to the windows . memories flowing throughout your head .

Everything you had been thinking of was wiped from your mind , the sound of the screen door slapping against the hard wood as voices grew with excitement . eyes fixating on the young male himself , both him and his lady .. the one you had heard so much about but you grew tired of hearing her name repeating over and over  .

the little boy , David . the younger brother of Debbie seemed more excited than the both of them . pushing past to see this new stranger all of which he had heard so many stories about . his arms flying outwards after he used his fingers to rig up the glasses to the bridge of his nose . "hi ! you must me y/n ! welcome back" David cheers , his arms wrapping around your legs as you held the bowl upwards so that it didn't fall . "why hello to you too young man . you too Arne , and Debbie" you let yourself look at them , handing the glass bowl over to the other female before you looked back to Arne

"it's been awhile huh?" Arne questions , raising an eyebrow curiously , hinting to the past four years.
And you let yourself lean in , arms wrapping around Arne when the both of you tugged closed to one another for a hug . Allowing david to stand to the side . "yeah , it sure has" you Exclaimed , nodding your head in agreement before you closed your eyes . letting your weight rest to his grip . head leaning against his shoulder and your lips parted . breathing in the fresh air around you . for once it felt nice to be around someone you had known for such a long time , other than family of course .

"How's things going , the phone line doesn't like when i dial you" You frown , admitting being too far caused a bit of connection issues.
"your fine , besides i had helped Debbie and her family move in a couple months ago . sometimes they come and stop by . . some complains about odd smells and some sinister feelings attached to the house" Arne seemed rather concerned , letting go of you as the both of you took a step back . allowing one another to have some space before the two of you would continue your chat .

"you should come inside , there's some dogs still here" he sparks your interests , watching as your eyes lit up to the sound of another dog in your life even if this had been something more of a watching over the dogs more than owning them type thing.
both entering , as he allows you through the door just as well as David . the sound of animals from the other room . though the second floor of the building had been full of the aroma of the dogs . quite frankly it wasn't new to you .

the pitches varied , each bark different . your hand gripped to the side of the wall as you swung your body into the room of kennels . looking at all the small and large dogs they had been taking care of for some people . not to mention the money they were payed were surely worth the time.
"you guys need any help with these cuties?" you asked , practically begging to spend some time with the animals there . hands to the crate bars as your finger slid through . trying to pet the fluffy dog ahead . the greys and whites blending in well it was such an adorable dog .

but you pulled away , turning to the doorway as you put your hands to your hips cockily . "we have all the help trust me" Arne admits , and you playfully scoff . "you can't tell me you don't need another , maybe someone to walk the dogs . it isn't that hard to allow me to fill a bowl or something just give me the times" You rolled your eyes .
placing your hands back to your side before you pushed past arne to sit down . allowing yourself to lean back into the couch .

for a second there the both of you stood in silence staring at one another from inches away. the differences were finally noticed after years of not seeing one another . facial features were more broad . his eyes glistened more than they did before . it was almost like a jealousy sparked in your chest . it burned knowing Debbie was with Arne . someone you trusted for years on end only to have him ask someone else . but you were away and you understood why someone would find somebody different if you weren't around to share the time.

"i think i should head back .. i got to grab groceries and we'll i can still stop back if i got the time afterwords" you granted .
lifting your body up from the couch as you dusted the long strands of dog fur off of your hoodie. tucking the small strands of hair that stuck to your face from the heat back and behind your ears . wanting to get rid of the awkward tension you had felt you had created , and so you flashed Arne an smile , but reassured him you would spend the time to come back and see him later even if that had meant it was the next day .