✨15✨

Dedicated to another great author Winnieflex
Her books are really nice, you should definitely check it out ❤️☺️

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
No one actually
cares.
~Anonymous
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

~𝙰𝚓𝚊𝚢~

I stayed in my house all through the weekend, drinking my life away. Trust me, there are some moments when alcohol doesn't really help you forget your worries. And I was in that moment. Totally shattered and depressed. No matter how much I tried to accept my fate, I couldn't. Obinna was literally my life, my hope, my future. And to think that he did not even called to explain or say anything even later in the evening of that very day meant that he never cared. I waited for him to call and at least explain to me, or even say anything, even if they were lies. It was at least better than keeping me in the dark.

Zara was with me through out the weekend, crying with me and trying her best to keep me busy. But that Monday morning she had to go to work and I was left all alone at home. I tried not to think about it but the continuous pain that waved through my chest every now and then wasn't helping matters. I began wallowing in self pity and regret.

'I told you not to trust him.' I heard my subconscious say. This literally drove me insane and I had to take something- something stronger before I loose my sanity. I went to my mini bar and picked a bottle of whiskey. I popped it open and a small smile graced my lips as soon as I took in the strong scent. Without bothering to get a glass, I gulped almost half of the bottle's content into my mouth in a blink. My vision became blurred instantly. Every image I saw had a replica of itself just beside me and that made me laugh hysterically. I walked further into the sitting room, staggering with each step- the alcohol already had every of my body cell submit in allegiance.

"Why are you...., Two?" I slurred, laughing at the picture frame hung in my living room. It was a picture of Obinna. Even in my drunken state, I could feel my heart shatter. I felt totally numb.

"You idiot! Why did you have to do that to me?" I cried, still pointing at the picture that appeared double due to the alcohol intoxication. "Why me? Where did I go wrong? I gave you everything- my life, my heart, MY LOVE!" I said as the tears continued to freely flow down my cheeks. My chest suddenly felt very tight and constricted. I tried sucking in breath, but my lungs failed me at that moment. I felt very dizzy as a large sharp pain coursed through my head. I staggered back a little and fell straight to the floor, the shattering of the whiskey bottle in my hands following suit. I let a lone tear escape my eyes;

"Obinna, why?" Was the last thing I said before darkness completely enveloped me.

*******
THIRD PERSON'S POV

Fejiro was cleaning Ajay's compound when he heard the sound of glass shattering completely on the floor. He thought hard wether he was supposed to go in and check or just mind his business. After his last encounter with Ajay, he had been avoiding her totally. He was so embarrassed. He knew she was back from her trip but he didn't bother checking on her or even greeting her 'welcome'.

After some minutes of contemplation, he decided to take a peek through the window. He noticed the scattered broken bottle pieces lying carelessly around the living room and hissed.

"This a.aunty no even fit clean this one up." He mumbled in annoyance, going in to clean up the mess. Pushing the door, he came face to face with Ajay's body sprawled lifeless on the floor.

"Jesus Christ!" He exclaimed in fret, rushing over to Ajay. He called her and tapped her severally but there was no response from her. He totally lost his mind, confused on what to do. He paced up and down, whispering prayers to God to help him out. Sighting her car keys on the dinning table, he grab it and went over to pick Ajay up from the floor. He carried her into the car and zommed off to the hospital.