Goodbyes and hello (Prologue)

Location:Inaba
(No one's POV)

Saying goodbye is never easy, especially when it's to your family. This is something Byakuya learnt as he stood on a platform with his family waiting for a train.

He was a third year student and normally he would have preferred to have stayed in Inaba and finish school there, but he got an offer to a Prestigious Private school by Tatsumi Port Island, he didn't want to leave his family, but he also saw the benifits that came with leaving.

He turned to his family, his two brothers, mother and Father in front of him and his sister next to him. He sweat dropped as his father was crying his eyes out, only being held back by his mother." No, my dear children can't leave, I don't want them to." He cried as Byakuya and his sister, Ichigo took a step back, away from their fathers grabbing hands." You knew this would happen oneday, our children can't stay with us forever." Their mother consoled the. Crying man." And you better stop, Mitsuhide looks like he wants to cry as well." The five all look to the youngest child. Mitsuhide Tachibana, tears visible on the side of his eyes, small sniffs being heard as he tries to hold back said tears.

Byakuya frowned as he knelt down and opened his arms, to which Mitsuhide didn't hesitate to run into." There, there Mitsu. It'll be alright." Mitsuhide finally let free the tears as he cried into his brothers chest. Ichigo, Byakuya's sister also knelt down and petted Mitsuhide's head." We won't be gone forever, we'll be back." Mitsuhide nodded as he stepped back into his mothers arms.

The train could be heard in the distance and the voice on the intercom could be heard." The train will be arriving shortly." Byakuya and Ichigo stood up. Byakuya looked over to his other brother. Who stood behind everyone else, trying to show no emotion, but failed as his one visible eye showed signs of tears." Kenshin." He called, this caused his brother to look at him." Come here, let me see your eye one more time." Kenshin slowly approached his brother, normally he would never show his eye, but because it was his brother, who would not bully him, he was more than happy to.

Kenshin stopped just in front of is brother, as he slowly took his eye patch off to show his other eye. Byakuya smiled, he was happy that his brother trusted him enough." Remember what I told you Kenshin." Kenshin nodded." No matter what, even with a strange eye, I'll always be your brother." Byakuya nodded and smiled as he brought his younger brother into a hug.

The train finally arrived as Byakuya and Ichigo turned to get onto the train. He took one step forward, before he was stopped as two arms wrapped around his waist." No. I won't let you go." Byakuya looked back to see his father on the ground crying with his arms wrapped around Byakuya, preventing him from leaving." Isshin, let him go, your causing a scene." Byakuya's mother stated, as she tried to pull her husband off of her son, but Isshin wouldn't move." No I won't let my children go, they must stay here, they're not allowed to g..ack." Byakuya felt his father's arms loosen as he stepped onto the train and turned to see his mother with his father slung over her shoulder." You really are a hassle." She sighed to her unconscious husband." Stay safe, Byakuya, Ichigo." The two nodded as the doors of the train closed and the intercom going off again." Train departing."

Byakuya and Ichigo sat down on two seats next to each other." Oh, I can't believe my little brother is coming with me to Tatsumi Port Island." Ichigo cheered as she looked over to him. Byakuya chuckled." I can't believe you were stationed to where I'm going to school." Ichigo smiled and laughed." Perhaps the gods know that we are inseparable." Byakuya shooked his head," or maybe they want to torture me, by having you near me." He retorted. Ichigo pouted as she looked at him with tears in her eyes." How could you say that about your big sister." Byakuya sweat dropped from the action," I'm kidding, I'm happy that you'll be close by." The tears from Ichigo's eyes disappeared as she once again cheered." Yay." Byakuya again swear dropped at the sudden change of moods. ("Cr crocodile tears") He thought as he turned to look out the window. He was leaving his home town with his sister who was stationed to Tatsumi Port island as a Police officer, one of the few female Cops to actually join the force. ("this'll be one interesting year") he thought as he sat back and closed his eyes.