Chapter Nine

Ah, the morning of the Sports Festival. There's a certain buzz in the air that's impossible not to catch. I tried to stay focused but with the fair-like atmosphere, I couldn't help but get distracted with the food, toys, and random heroes just walking around the stadium like it's completely normal. Eventually, I had to snap out of it though, so I could go over to the locker rooms to change.

After, I entered the preparation room to find that everybody else was already in the room. I groaned as the entirety of Class A looked up at the late arrival. Most people got over it quickly in favor of prepping, but Kaachan refused to.

"Looks like a certain Tangerine over-ripened this morning." He says, smirking at his metaphor.

"If you're trying to say I over-slept, you're wrong. There's just so much to see here!" I say, acting like he didn't just insult me.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN 'IF'?! OF COURSE, THAT'S WHAT I WAS SAYING!" He yells, his hands beginning to smoke.

"C'mon Kaachan. She didn't mean any harm." Izuku said, walking over to me.

"SHUT UP DEKU!" He spits, before going to sit down.

"Don't mind him, Ko-Chan." He says. I blush at the childish nickname he gave me. "He's just getting himself in the mood."

"Don't worry, Izu-Kun. I'm fine." I say, flipping my hand dramatically. "But just so you know, I did mean offense. A lot of it-"

Izuku pulled me to the back of the room before I could get hit by an explosion. After the two weeks of non-stop conditioning, I'm hella flexible. I still have to stretch every day, though. Go Beyond, Plus Ultra, and whatever. I finish stretching and start doing some minor workouts (sit-ups, push-ups, etc.) to calm my nerves. Once I've finished my mini workout, I drape myself onto the comfortable couch, discussing weird nightmares with Izuku. Then, Tenya bursts through the door, announcing that we're going into the arena.

This releases a swarm of bees into my stomach. It doesn't matter to me that there will be tens of thousands of spectators out there, plus all of the other classes competing. What makes me a nervous wreck is that there will be one spectator out there. The only one that matters, the whole reason I'm here. My father.

I'm starting to stand when Todoroki walks over. I assume that he came over to see me, so it hurts when he angles himself away from me. Angles himself toward Izuku. Izuku looks nervous but takes a step forward anyway.

"Todoroki, what is it?" By now, the entire class was watching. There was something about the look on Todoroki's face that forces you to watch.

"Looking at things objectively I'm stronger than you." He states. Izuku nods.

"Todoro-" I begin but I'm cut off.

"But, All Might has his eye on you, doesn't he? I'm not going to pry about that." He says, putting Izuku at some sort of ease. I don't know why but whenever All Might is mentioned, Izuku gets nervous. It's suspicious if you think about it.

"I'm going to beat you," Todoroki says confidently. At this, the whole class gets a nervous high. A few people start to whisper, but everybody stops when Kirishima stands and walks over to us.

"Hey, hey, hey. Why're you picking a fight all of a sudden?" He says, placing a hand on Todoroki's shoulder. Todoroki elbows Kirishima's handoff, and states simply: "We're not here to play friends."

That hurts. And finally when he was starting to warm up to me. Todoroki turns on his heel and starts to leave. I put a hand on Izuku's shoulder, receiving a small smile before giving Todoroki a comeback.