6| Trials

Chapter 6: Trials (Ace's POV)

It's been three days since I visited Gianna in her office. I know I shouldn't be thinking about her in any way because the odds are, she's in this marriage for vengeance and she's about to act as vindictive as she possibly could. But seeing her in her office working, she looked very different compared to all the other girls I've met before. 

She looked so determined and focused and there was no doubt in my mind that she takes her work very seriously. It didn't mean much to me but I just got a better understanding of her. It also means when she wants to do something that she's focused on, she'll do it, not giving a single fuck about anything else. The way she didn't care at all whether I was in her office or it was someone else, she just pretended like I wasn't there and kept working. That means if she has a goal in mind while marrying, she won't let anything get in the way of that and she will do what she came to do at any cost. 

"Ace." 

I looked at the door that opened and the manager of Delirium, Owen, peeked his head through. 

"Hmm?" I asked, turning my computer off. 

"Your father is downstairs." 

"Yeah, I know. I'll be there." I stood up, grabbing my black coat and locking up my office before descending to the main room. Our club only opens at six, but I'm here throughout the day. It's a location for both businesses, I don't think I need to say more. But it's only noon. And I have a fitting for my engagement suit in thirty minutes. 

I told my dad that I could drive myself there, I have my own car, but he actually thought I wouldn't go. Why? Because he knows I'm not invested in this marriage. 

"Hurry," he barked at me. "We'll be late." Bad mood, huh? 

I walked out beside him and sat in the car. "Why are you coming with me for this?" I asked, running a hand through my hair while looking out the window. 

"Because John is coming with Gianna." 

"Gianna? Why is she coming to my suit fitting?" 

He stared at me, disgusted. "Is this how you react to her being around you?" 

I huffed, rolling my eyes. I don't know why he's convinced I hate her, I don't think I did anything to make him think that way. "I'm glad she's there. But why?" I drawled out. 

"She has a fitting for her dress too, your trials are together. If both of you are there, you both can coordinate your clothes a little better. Your clothes should complement each other, don't you think?" 

"Yes, Dad," I sighed, continuing to gaze out the window. When the car slowed down to a stop there, I recognized their car. 

"Look, they're already here. I can't believe you're making your future wife wait for you." He climbed out before I could reply. 

"What the hell is wrong with him?" I asked our driver, Mr. Daniel. 

"Sir is in a bad mood today," he chuckled. 

I sighed and climbed out, thanking Mr. Daniel. I headed inside and stopped at the desk where my father was talking to Mr. John. I looked around and found Gianna waiting, sitting on a bench and looking around the place. I walked over with my hands tucked into my pockets and fell into the seat beside hers. 

"Oh god," she groaned, looking away from me. 

I chuckled, watching her. "Is that how you greet your future husband?" 

"Hmm," she nodded. 

We sat in silence, waiting for our turn. A girl who came with her mother and two friends came out, paying for a dress, taking the huge bag, and then left. It's our turn.