1. A Poor Choice of Underwear

Doof is in love with Perry. He had started to realize this a few months ago. As Perry body-slammed him to the ground for the millionth time, Doof realized he never wanted anything to change. Even if at the end of each day, his plans were foiled. Because despite it all, he still had his nemesis. The one person he knew would always be there. No matter who else rejected Doof, he knew that Perry would still be there to foil his plan at the end of the day.

Doof had hoped that Perry might feel the same way. They were close, but Doof wanted more. Did Perry want that, too?

...

One day, Doof was about to make his escape on a jetpack. However, when he hit the button to blast off, the jetpack tried to fly off without him. The fire from the jetpack burned away Doof's pants.

The flames were painful. But what was more painful was the mocking look in Perry's eyes when he beheld Doof's underwear - light green boxers with Perry's face plastered across them. Doof had bought them on a whim and they had arrived the afternoon before.

Doof panicked, he hadn't planned on Perry ever seeing this! Feeling flustered, Doof hurriedly tried to come up with some explanation that would excuse his choice of underwear. Forcing a confidence into his voice that he didn't feel, he said, "For your information, I had these way before I met you!".

After one glance at Perry's expression, Doof realized two things:

(1.) Perry definitely didn't buy his excuse.

(2.) Perry would never see him as more than a nemesis.

At least, not without a little extra shove.