Chapter 9

CarlaPierce: Bitches love cake

2,000,000 likes ~ limited comments

---

I have been requested to perform at a very important gala in a couple of days and the preparation has been hell. For my usual shows, I wear what the fuck I want but for this night- I have to dress to impress.

With my dad gone, I have been so tempted to reach for a bottle of wine  so I had Liam clear out my entire house. I don't even have prescriptions drugs or pain relief in my house because that need to take is starting to become more prominent. 

My former label forbids me from singing any of my previous songs yet they booked me in for the gala. They wanted me to sing one of my wholesome songs and I told them 'fuck you' since they won't give me the rights to my song.

I will embarrass all of us if I have to.

Every step I'm taking
Every move I make feels
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking

I spot my old manager walking into my rehearsal space and I flip her off.

But I, I gotta keep trying
Gotta keep my head held high

There's always gonna be another mountainI'm always gonna wanna make it moveAlways gonna be an uphill battleSometimes I'm gonna have to loseAin't about how fast I get thereAin't about what's waiting on the other sideIt's the climb

I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb

"You sound good." Angie smiles at me. 

I barely glance at her as I talk my band about the key that I want us to play the song out. With all my years of drinking and taking drugs, I'm not hitting those same notes so I need them to bring it down several notches.

"You sound like how you did when I first managed you." Angie continues and I wave her off. "I'm sorry that things didn't work out like how we planned."